Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

IOM Public Sector at it's finest 

so as a good old fashioned compromise  how difficult would it  to have had parking on the promenade walkway opened up  for the weekend and suspend the parking on the highway , or is this too much for the DOI intelligentsia  and the corpy to agree to  or is  no one who is  responsible for these areas give a toss about the motorists , shoppers and the viability of the shopkeepers anymore , and that goes for Amadeus  as well thats why we elected you to keep an eye on the situation and look after the ratepayers interests 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

so as a good old fashioned compromise  how difficult would it  to have had parking on the promenade walkway opened up  for the weekend and suspend the parking on the highway , or is this too much for the DOI intelligentsia  and the corpy to agree to  or is  no one who is  responsible for these areas give a toss about the motorists , shoppers and the viability of the shopkeepers anymore , and that goes for Amadeus  as well thats why we elected you to keep an eye on the situation and look after the ratepayers interests 

They have opened up parking on the Prom

• Like 1

The issue I have is that the parking suspension implemented by a third party contractor was possibly defective and that people got tickets because of unclear signage. If someone moved the cone in the morning and they saw it and ticketed, fair enough, that’s blatant. But loads of cones were missing by the time I saw it around lunch time and they hammered cars parking in seemingly open spaces with no cones and no signs nearby stating a parking suspension. Fine the contractor, not the drivers. 

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The issue I have is that the parking suspension implemented by a third party contractor was possibly defective and that people got tickets because of unclear signage. If someone moved the cone in the morning and they saw it and ticketed, fair enough, that’s blatant. But loads of cones were missing by the time I saw it around lunch time and they hammered cars parking in seemingly open spaces with no cones and no signs nearby stating a parking suspension. Fine the contractor, not the drivers. 

Let's have  a public execution outside the cultural quarter   pity Sir Norman is still missing he could have been a witness  or has he been sold as scrap? 

the whole thing had been a joke from start to finish ,  and where are the MYPROM team in all this , I hear they have been disbanded ,  to its every person for themselves again 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Again it's just the IOM Public Sector group think. None of it is rocket science. 

But we should be use to the lazy bone idleness approach by now. 

52 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

FFS

If there are hundreds of no parking cones along about half a mile of road on both sides of the road  and some have been moved by idiots to park illegally,  do you?

A) - Think that wherever there is a gap  between no parking cones, moved by idiots,  you try and squeeze between and fit your car in and park? Thinking you are "Special" and laugh as you wander off to shop.

or

B) - Not park on the road because it is blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that parking is suspended due to no parking cone placement? And, AND,  that there are lots of empty parking spaces on the prom on the busiest day of the week?

Which would be very strange if it were not for the hundreds of no parking cones? 

And then make a sensible call/ decision and go and park on the prom walkway which is clearly marked as being available to park on during the works on Lock Prom ?

Edited by Boris Johnson

Anyone know what’s the latest with tram tracks & horse trams? Crookall said in January I think they would be operating end of March.

Last week The tracks were lying in a heap by bottom of Broadway & no work was being to finish laying etc 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Anyone know what’s the latest with tram tracks & horse trams? Crookall said in January I think they would be operating end of March.

Last week The tracks were lying in a heap by bottom of Broadway & no work was being to finish laying etc 

Myprom management minutes quote Longworth saying after they are finished it will take 8 to 10 weeks for it to be signed off by rail inspector and training of staff and horses. Make what you will off that. Nothing happening this side of August I'd say. And there is another overlying issue with to big gaps between rails which Longworth says is fine but Rail inspector says otherwise . This could go into a 5th year yet lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Myprom management minutes quote Longworth saying after they are finished it will take 8 to 10 weeks for it to be signed off by rail inspector and training of staff and horses. Make what you will off that. Nothing happening this side of August I'd say. And there is another overlying issue with to big gaps between rails which Longworth says is fine but Rail inspector says otherwise . This could go into a 5th year yet lol 

The only sensible thing to do now is call it a day on the horse trams. Pave over that mess at the bottom of Broadway/Castle Mona Avenue and wrap it all up. Let the train spotters put a little plaque on the wall to say the horse trams used to run there.

But now it's beyond ridiculous and is a sunk cost fallacy throwing more money after bad. Residents have had enough, road users have had enough... it's a mess and am embarrassment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3