Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

No he’s probably doing it at 3:00am on a Sunday morning if he’s acting true to form. 

Even if it was done at 3:00am Harmer will probably be employing a body double to do the walk for him. He couldn’t risk a chance interaction with the public who pays his wages. 

34 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Anyone else notice the reference to the diesel l train in this report ..Going to use it to polish the rails when the oil leak is fixed !  Some bargain that was !

I think they're still looking for something useful for the Cabbage to do.  The useful vehicle in this case is "the MER34 electric tram with added ballast" (probably retired bus drivers).  

It's interesting that, despite Longworth supposed to have semi-retired back in January, he's still the one involved here, sticking his nose into the smallest details.  Also note that despite all the problems that the project is having, the 'Strategic Board' is only meeting to sort out things every three months.  Presumably anything more would exhaust the poor dears.

• Haha 1

What has Longworth done to warrant such clout and hold on government . Seems he can do wrong and can get money for seemingly anything . Shits going to hit the fan though when DOI come back with the new dates and timetable for works any day soon . Tynwald threw out the proposed timetable the other Friday in a big way hence the meeting the other week with stake holders and businesses . But removed the fact they are digging up ,or we're going to ,the hotel side of the roads next summer ! Yes you read that right . 

There are, and always have been, certain individuals who hold IoMG in thrall.

Whether it be via wealth, confidence, arrogance or just pure bullshit our Govt seems to worship these people.

Even when it all goes tits up they are still allowed to walk away with their deity standing, reputations and above all, finances relatively intact.

But "ours" invariably aren't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Speaking to those in the know. Allegedly just a nasty bully who everyone is to frightened to tell to just fuck off.  

He should come on here then.... telling him to fuck off won't be a problem

21 hours ago, NoTail said:

I walked along today. Very pleased to see 2 guys with a spade watching a digger moving some soil around.  Things are happening! 

I truly find it difficult to understand the constant lack of activity. Is there something wrong that we don't know about?

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I truly find it difficult to understand the constant lack of activity. Is there something wrong that we don't know about?

Well I'm sure they still don't know what's caused the cracking in the red concrete so clearly they won't want to lay any more till they do.. also there currently ,due anytime , a update on timetable from now onwards for the works That  is not going to be  easy as they have indicated they wanted to dig up the hotel side of the Prom next summer. That's clearly not happening despite them wanting to . Thinking their  at loggerheads and can't continue till this is sorted and I believe a ultimatum has been given that they need to sort this out once and if all .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1