Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The 100m or so between the Santon motel and Brown Cow has got to be the worst 100m or so of any main road over here. It's laughable.

The whole stretch from fairy bridge to oatlands road is getting done from September, downside road will be closed for 7 months 

• Haha 1

Minorca crossroads through to Laxey tram Station including the two rail crossings, absolutely wrecked. And if the DOI is so focused on and concerned about the Mountain section of the TT course then they better hadn't look at the road surface in Parliament Square in Ramsey which is truly 3rd world now (in fact, that's probably an insult to 3rd world countries, many of whom doubtless have better roads).

The surface of the roundabout outside the filling station on main road in Onchan is another.

Big meeting today about the Horse Trams . Get it over with. !!! Not running this year is my guess. Lets see if true how they spin this one . I would expect in a sensible world to see Longworth walking but bet he doesn't. Member for DOI told a friend that the track will be finished now by the end of April but I reckon it wont be. 

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

. Member for DOI told a friend that the track will be finished now by the end of April but I reckon it wont be. 

Finished is to where though?.

The DOI definition of "finished" is a pretty variable concept too.

There has not been much evidence of snagging being dealt with recently either.

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Finished is to where though?.

The DOI definition of "finished" is a pretty variable concept too.

There has not been much evidence of snagging being dealt with recently either.

Broadway as they have to apply for more money to take it through to the Sea Terminal . And yes I agree DOI are clearly flawed in there perception of finished. Airport runway anyone ?. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They need traffic lights as it seems going round the roundabout is optional from the tyre marks straight across it!

Putting it in was clearly a waste of time...it needs a Roundel!!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1