Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes I agree and also was laid in very hot weather and not kept wet so probably dried out your quick. . Experts looking into it haven't come back with report of officially why ..

They probably have but the Dept of Nincompoops need time to edit it...

3 hours ago, finlo said:

Lack of expansion joints being the glaringly obvious one!

Drove across there tonight and it’s a mess. I still can’t see how the surface is going to level out to the level of the tram lines on Queens Prom without them having to add about 1.5 to 2ft of hard core from the edge of the hotel walls. 

9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Drove across there tonight and it’s a mess. I still can’t see how the surface is going to level out to the level of the tram lines on Queens Prom without them having to add about 1.5 to 2ft of hard core from the edge of the hotel walls. 

The tramlines are now higher than the pavements!

10 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes but one night I’m going to put a laser level across it and work the drop out. It has to be at least 12” out and actually likely a lot  higher. How are they going to build the road up on the hotel side to level it? 

I've pondered this too, I can only assume they're going to remodel all of the hotel's/apartments front steps!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, finlo said:

I've pondered this too, I can only assume they're going to remodel all of the hotel's/apartments front steps!

Yes but go down by the old Imperial. All underground carparks and even a lot of Queens Prom have basements. How can you build up the pavement that much and get proper access or run off? 

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

the prom will drain into the hotel basements instead of to the beach, good thinking.

Of course I’m not a civil engineer but that was my basic assumption. Even if they build it up to level the road the run off into those gardens, basements and underground carparks will be fairly extreme. I can see a lot of potential litigation from developers. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Of course I’m not a civil engineer but that was my basic assumption. Even if they build it up to level the road the run off into those gardens, basements and underground carparks will be fairly extreme. 

I hope your not trying to suggest they've no idea what they're doing!:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Of course I’m not a civil engineer but that was my basic assumption. Even if they build it up to level the road the run off into those gardens, basements and underground carparks will be fairly extreme. 

Maybe the plan is to have sunken footpaths.