Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

4 hours ago, monasqueen said:

We found that yesterday evening - you can no longer drive straight across at the Broadway roundel, but you still can at Greensills Corner.

It it's supposed to be a roundabout now, there aren't enough cones to make it look right, and someone is going to drive through them. It's all very amateurish.

Roundabouts and roundels? Pah!

Looks like drivers here have trouble with straight roads too:

1279250014_Niarbyl01.jpg.f14e673d0a90de7dc6500ee727b191e5.jpg

Edited to add, I do not know the cause or anything else about this recent accident, and there may be a perfectly logical reason for the crash.

Edited by AOR
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AOR said:

Edited to add, I do not know the cause or anything else about this recent accident, and there may be a perfectly logical reason for the crash.

It’s a Tesla. All you need to know, and logical.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, AOR said:

Roundabouts and roundels? Pah!

Looks like drivers here have trouble with straight roads too:

1279250014_Niarbyl01.jpg.f14e673d0a90de7dc6500ee727b191e5.jpg

In the spirt of MFs. I still blame the DOI and them pesky roundels for this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 0bserver said:

That wall would be a weeks work for a decent contractor with the right number of staff. 

It's just typical Local Authority/DBC pain in the arse thinking. The sea wall isn't their concern so don't worry about it and fix the wall. 

Agreed 

But if they are that concerned with doing it "Once" then why don't DBC  rebuild it with a reinforced concrete core faced with stone that can take the winter battering's from the sea?

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lots of issues in the road surface around St Ninians . Not good at all . 

Lots of issues still in lots of areas around the TT course as a whole (or a hole, even). The prospect of hitting some of these areas at race speeds is not inviting.

The already multicoloured drop into Kerroomoaar has today been further augmented by bright red though, so that's ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Agreed 

But if they are that concerned with doing it "Once" then why don't DBC  rebuild it with a reinforced concrete core faced with stone that can take the winter battering's from the sea?

A typical DBC solution would be to build a wall raised 4ft off the ground so the waves go under it, or raise the Sunken Gardens by 12ft so the waves can't flood them.

Seriously though just patch it up with gabions for the summer if they have no intention of actually fixing it. Get the gardens and the playground back into use for the Douglas dwelling GMP.

Edited by 0bserver
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AOR said:

Well because it’s a Tesla the crash report should be quite straight forward, when involved in a crash the photo/video footage from the 360 cameras will be sent straight to Tesla, they use this data to make their cars safer.

It if the same one I saw recently (being driving really slowly and somewhat carefully, ironically) then it was near enough a new car as it was a 71 reg.