Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

21 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Why do you think it will be overtime?.

Perhaps the staff are being rostered to start later.

An awful lot more roadworks should be being done overnight when the roads are quieter.

Do you think the clowns in DoI would do this for normal pay? There'd be a huge wage increase

How on earth have they managed to turn a perfectly simple T junction into such a chaotic farce. There really are some stupid people making decisions and creating problems that never existed before.      Even worse, creating unsafe roads just because they want to be different. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Why do you think it will be overtime?.

Perhaps the staff are being rostered to start later.

An awful lot more roadworks should be being done overnight when the roads are quieter.

I don't agree. The roads might be quieter but the roadworks are not. People like to be able to sleep at night. Early evenings maybe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I don't agree. The roads might be quieter but the roadworks are not. People like to be able to sleep at night. Early evenings maybe.

Not like you to disagree with anything🤣.

Obviously in the middle of a dense residential area that would probably be the case but in more rural areas then why not, for example the new roundabout at Ballasalla is not that close to houses, the mountain road certainly isn't.

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not like you to disagree with anything🤣.

Obviously in the middle of a dense residential area that would probably be the case but in more rural areas then why not, for example the new roundabout at Ballasalla is not that close to houses, the mountain road certainly isn't.

Have you used this roundabout? It’s about 20/25m from houses!!

the DOI workforce could easily be split into 2 gangs for roadworks , particularly now the light is with us , 

John Houghton proved that when the work almost ground to a halt  a Willaston  at the cat with no tail  roadway reconstruction  a few years back   ,  he got them to work one gang 6am  until 2-pm   and the next gang 2 until 10pm  the boys took a break at peak traffic times eg between  8 am and 9  am in the morning and between 5 and 6 in the afternoon  so not to cause problems with traffic holdups   ,  I have never been a Houghton fan   but I must say  ,the job was done in double quick time , 

lots of other  road gangs  in the UK and elsewhere  work like this ,  and take advantage of the hours of daylight , 

Crookall needs to put a bomb under the management , 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you used this roundabout? It’s about 20/25m from houses!!

So would you rather the road be closed partially closed during peak hours then?.

I would have thought that  recently constructed houses like those nearest the roundabout would be so well insulated that they would not really be bothered by the  noise that putting the final coat on would cause

16 minutes ago, Omobono said:

the DOI workforce could easily be split into 2 gangs for roadworks , particularly now the light is with us , 

John Houghton proved that when the work almost ground to a halt  a Willaston  at the cat with no tail  roadway reconstruction  a few years back   ,  he got them to work one gang 6am  until 2-pm   and the next gang 2 until 10pm  the boys took a break at peak traffic times eg between  8 am and 9  am in the morning and between 5 and 6 in the afternoon  so not to cause problems with traffic holdups   ,  I have never been a Houghton fan   but I must say  ,the job was done in double quick time , 

lots of other  road gangs  in the UK and elsewhere  work like this ,  and take advantage of the hours of daylight , 

Crookall needs to put a bomb under the management , 

Fair point. A great number of roadworks are done by contractors these days. I reckon this work will be Carey's or JCK. 

6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

So would you rather the road be closed partially closed during peak hours then?.

I would have thought that  recently constructed houses like those nearest the roundabout would be so well insulated that they would not really be bothered by the  noise that putting the final coat on would cause

You said it wasn’t near houses which I said was incorrect!! Are you now saying it doesn’t matter about the noise because of insulation?

54 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Looks like something is happening with the tram tracks at the bottom of Broadway today. I couldn’t work out what’s going on but it looked like they might have been removing rails and/or dumping loads of gravel.  

Yes working there this morning tidying up.

The sunken gardens are a mess with only the first 2 areas coming from sea terminal open with the rest all closed off & the childrens playground covered in rubble still. Even if walls aren’t rebuilt surely this can be cleaned up & opened for summer?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

Looks like something is happening with the tram tracks at the bottom of Broadway today. I couldn’t work out what’s going on but it looked like they might have been removing rails and/or dumping loads of gravel.  

All going to be paved/tarmac over soon. Confirmation of no trams this year should follow soon. 

• Like 1