Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

On 4/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, Boris Johnson said:

The layout/ implementation of the horse tram points was a problem from day one of the design of the prom.

Read the Strategic Board Minutes and you will see it has been discussed from 2019.

Often noted as to be discussed after the meeting or later on in the meeting when it never was. 

Link to the minutes here,

https://www.myprom.im/plans/strategic-board-minutes-

When you have a half hour free, read the lot, it's better than Monty Python.........................

If you have any knowledge of engineering type companies then you will know that Siemens is one of the very, very best.

If you read the Strategic Board Minutes you will see they, Siemens,  could not find a solution to the points/ traffic light system that we need for the horse trams and turned down the job.

That tells me it is impossible, if Siemens cant make it work, then no one can.

Longwok thinks it can be done, so it follows that he is right and Siemens are wrong.

He is a bus transport manager on a small island and Siemens are a multinational, multi-discipline engineering company with a turnover in excess of the islands GDP. 

WHO DO YOU THINK KNOWS MORE?

Answers on the back of a Postcard addressed to Taxi Vannin C/O Banks Circus (Has there ever been a more appropriate address than Banks Circus? Who has the clown shoes on today down there or do the management all have their own clown shoes? 🙂

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 6

I still suspect some if not all of the problems with the points are based around the wrong sized track and the hopefully multi use for the said tracks. Theres definitely a possible issue with the bogeys of the horse trams and the tracks , not according to the maestro Longworth though, which might be what the issue is currently. Theres for sure an avoidance currently about anything 'concrete' being announced to do with the Horse trams which considering how long its all gone on for I feel tells a story. My money is still on Longworth having majorly messed up and the walls are closing in on his reign .   

Edited by Numbnuts

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

. Theres definitely a possible issue with the bogeys of the horse trams and the tracks ,

the horse trams are 4 wheelers, they don't have bogies so there can't be an issue with them, unless they meant horse snot ??

14 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

If you have any knowledge of engineering type companies then you will know that Siemens is one of the very, very best.

If you read the Strategic Board Minutes you will see they, Siemens,  could not find a solution to the points/ traffic light system that we need for the horse trams and turned down the job.

That tells me it is impossible, if Siemens cant make it work, then no one can.

Longwok thinks it can be done, so it follows that he is right and Siemens are wrong.

He is a bus transport manager on a small island and Siemens are a multinational, multi-discipline engineering company with a turnover in excess of the islands GDP. 

WHO DO YOU THINK KNOWS MORE?

Answers on the back of a Postcard addressed to Taxi Vannin C/O Banks Circus (Has there ever been a more appropriate address than Banks Circus? Who has the clown shoes on today down there or do the management all have their own clown shoes? 🙂

Please note if you're completing an application for employment with Bus Vannin the correct answer is Longworth.

• Haha 4

On 4/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, AOR said:

I don't want to be mean to posties because I have found them to be generally a good sort, but what is it with these posties that seek to take up political office on this Island. That chap in Douglas, the Mayor fella was the last one I remember but there have been others.

They get elected because a lot of people know them and they do nice things for people - ie bring them stuff.  It's the same reasons as why we once had three pharmacists in the Keys and now have two Manx Radio presenters.

Though presumably posties also know where to deliver the leaflets to as well.

Actually I suspect this sort of thing is changing - after all Cregeen got thrashed and Crookall only just scraped in.  And to be fair to Crookall he does seem to partly realise the disaster the Department is.  But there doesn't seem to be anything significant he is allowed to do.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 10:55 PM, Bandits said:

Cowin raises a good point. Which is that Robinson is a useless twat coming up to retirement. 

I'm not sure he's coming up to retirement.  His Linkedin says he started his apprenticeship in 1984, which if it was at 16 as usual, would imply he's around 54 now.

He is useless though.  And the Linkedin explains why.  When he came to the Department he had no experience in highways or any form of civil engineering that I can see.  In the same way that Longworth knew nothing of trains.  But all that matters in civil service circles is that you have self-confidence and can convince those who know less than nothing.  Unfortunately when engineering is concerned, confidence isn't enough to make tings work.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure he's coming up to retirement.  His Linkedin says he started his apprenticeship in 1984, which if it was at 16 as usual, would imply he's around 54 now.

He is useless though.  And the Linkedin explains why.  When he came to the Department he had no experience in highways or any form of civil engineering that I can see.  In the same way that Longworth knew nothing of trains.  But all that matters in civil service circles is that you have self-confidence and can convince those who know less than nothing.  Unfortunately when engineering is concerned, confidence isn't enough to make tings work.

Civil Servants retire at 55 no?

Longworth is a trainspotter and was involved in toy trams in the UK.

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I still suspect some if not all of the problems with the points are based around the wrong sized track and the hopefully multi use for the said tracks. Theres definitely a possible issue with the bogeys of the horse trams and the tracks , not according to the maestro Longworth though, which might be what the issue is currently. Theres for sure an avoidance currently about anything 'concrete' being announced to do with the Horse trams which considering how long its all gone on for I feel tells a story. My money is still on Longworth having majorly messed up and the walls are closing in on his reign .   

Are you implying that somebody in Longtail's gang hasn't done their homework...

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Civil Servants retire at 55 no?

Longworth is a trainspotter and was involved in toy trams in the UK.

No.  Technically civil servants can retire at any age (it used to be 60), but when you get a pension (and especially a full pension) is another matter - and very well hidden.  But given that Robinson has worked for the government for less than 15 years, I would expect him to be hanging on for a while yet.

Copying numbers down doesn't make you an expert in engineering.  And not listening to advice from people who know better makes you an ignoramus in everything.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Are you implying that somebody in Longtail's gang hasn't done their homework...

Well what you think this implies!?? So much more available in FOI 

IL =..longworth

11th September 2019, IL replies, raising concerns, in particular about the compatibility of Horse Tram wheels and MER tram wheels

12th September 2019, Redacted of SCUK following a meeting with IL sends an email to TOM, copying the mail to IL, confirming that the wheel sets will be based on MER and that if required IL would modify the 13 Horse Tram wheel sets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WTF said:

the horse trams are 4 wheelers, they don't have bogies so there can't be an issue with them, unless they meant horse snot ??

Have seen the word bogies used in corrospondence between Longworth and rail inspector I'm sure. Tried to find it just now but will post when I do. 

This I did find though between longworth and parties . Use of wheel sets on Horse trams ..

11th September 2019, IL replies, raising concerns, in particular about the compatibility of Horse Tram wheels and MER tram wheels

12th September 2019, Redacted of SCUK following a meeting with IL sends an email to TOM, copying the mail to IL, confirming that the wheel sets will be based on MER and that if required IL would modify the 13 Horse Tram wheel sets.

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Have seen the word bogies used in corrospondence between Longworth and rail inspector I'm sure. Tried to find it just now but will post when I do. 

This I did find though between longworth and parties . Use of wheel sets on Horse trams ..

Didn't they have to modify the cabbage as well? What a roaring success that was. When will enough be enough and IL get the boot. All the delays on the prom caused because he wanted to run electric trams down it without the infrastructure to do it. 

• Like 1