Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

13 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The sensors are in the old concrete it seems

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Lets see. I will be surprised if some of the new stuff doesnt have to come up. Wonder what operates them power wise.. ?? 

5 hours ago, WTF said:

the electrolytic action between the rails and the salt water perhaps ? 

The new ones will be either APNR focused on the trammers name tags or an app. Either way it won’t work.

32 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The new ones will be either APNR focused on the trammers name tags or an app. Either way it won’t work.

Let's hope they don't stop too long on the Prom otherwise the traffic wardens will be ticketing them

• Haha 1

If it were a nice beach, kept clean, nice golden sands along with exceptional water quality bathing, then it would be a good spot and I could see the potential. The beach is a dirty stinking seaweed foul smelling stenchy dump, probably where the sewage for Douglas goes out to sea. 

47 minutes ago, Banker said:

10 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

What job did she do before she got her £70K a year job as MHK? They should maybe put her in Barclays or Lloyds call centre to see what it’s like dealing with 100s of irate customers on a 10 year shift for £20K a year if a few out of hours emails from upset constituents raises the mental health card.

I’d also add that there is a lot for people to get upset about at the moment as government in most respects is broken so maybe she should be more concerned about their mental health then hers. 

Whatever, she is on more money than she has ever seen and likely to see. The same applies to Sarah Maltby. Both are well rooted to a life aboard the gravy train, a life of privilege, benefits, perks and pension. A lot of people work incredibly hard in call centres and other customer service/facing roles, some of the work is putting up with irate customers who are angry at inept management and equally useless politicians and civil servants. Sadly she doesn’t have the empathy or understanding if she is concerned as to receiving emails out of hours. 

• Like 2

She didn't moan about receiving emails out of hours, she answered a question about the affect of abusive emails. She said she would block repeatedly abusive correspondents - not angry, not emotion but repeatedly abusive.

Bank contact service staff don't face abusive callers all day, most calls are just transactions. Occasionally they'll face complaints  but they have resources available to sort most issues and if not there's managers and complaints teams to hand the matter off to. Repeatedly abusive callers get their accounts closed.

9 hours ago, Declan said:

She didn't moan about receiving emails out of hours, she answered a question about the affect of abusive emails. She said she would block repeatedly abusive correspondents - not angry, not emotion but repeatedly abusive.

Bank contact service staff don't face abusive callers all day, most calls are just transactions. Occasionally they'll face complaints  but they have resources available to sort most issues and if not there's managers and complaints teams to hand the matter off to. Repeatedly abusive callers get their accounts closed.

If there are abusive emails, they need referring to the police. Abusive people on here can be booted off. 

An MHK can of course put an automated out of office reply to any emails sent. It is their prerogative as to whether it gets answered or not, weeknight or weekend. Personally I would be happy to receive a reply from an MHK should I decide to email them, and to have the matter investigated and a further reply within an adequate timeframe. I put my original reply in the wrong thread.

16 hours ago, 2112 said:

If it were a nice beach, kept clean, nice golden sands along with exceptional water quality bathing, then it would be a good spot and I could see the potential. The beach is a dirty stinking seaweed foul smelling stenchy dump, probably where the sewage for Douglas goes out to sea. 

No sewage goes into Douglas Bay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1