Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

15 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

How would you know? 🙂 

you couldn't make this up anyone who understands railways knows with a fixed bogie set up such as a horse tram   it is impossible to go around a tight curve , this was  a big failing when the MER track was relayed outside the garage on the bridge  in Laxey , prior  to that it was possible to get a steam train all the way to Ramsey as they successfully  did during the year of railways  with steam on the MER , do we have muppets running these railways ,? time for a clear out and get someone who knows what they are doing ,to run the railways ,

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Omobono said:

you couldn't make this up anyone who understands railways knows with a fixed bogie set up such as a horse tram   it is impossible to go around a tight curve , this was  a big failing when the MER track was relayed outside the garage on the bridge  in Laxey , prior  to that it was possible to get a steam train all the way to Ramsey as they successfully  did during the year of railways  with steam on the MER , do we have muppets running these railways ,? time for a clear out and get someone who knows what they are doing ,to run the railways ,

We have a expert !! Longworth .. 

• Haha 3

Said it before and I'll say it again - our heritage horsetrams are now ruined by that bell-end Longworth. He is to them what Reynolds has been to the Airport.

If the trams cannot negotiate the curves in the rail layout, what's the next step? Dig it all up and come up with a new layout? Or put bogies on the horsetrams?

Here's an idea - how about two parallel lines running from the Terminus to the Sea Terminal?

Like it used to be. When it WORKED.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Said it before and I'll say it again - our heritage horsetrams are now ruined by that bell-end Longworth. He is to them what Reynolds has been to the Airport.

If the trams cannot negotiate the curves in the rail layout, what's the next step? Dig it all up and come up with a new layout? Or put bogies on the horsetrams?

Here's an idea - how about two parallel lines running from the Terminus to the Sea Terminal?

Like it used to be. When it WORKED.

Cant argue with that. As always its working fine but because we have degrees and VIP in DOI lets reinvent it .! My guess is its the bogies will be changed as Longworth has already mentioned it , see quote from him earlier I posted. 

24 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Is that Longtail on the walkway supervising ??  

I believe he was present.

Could he not have been driving buses to prevent today's cancellations? 

Public Transport (buses) needs to be stripped and separated from the toy trains.

• Like 2