Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

Sorry, not on the Island at the moment.  As TT is looming is the prom now cleaned up and looking good or fairly shit like it was a few weeks ago? Obviously excluding the lights which will be crap for years to come.

Edited by NoTail

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

When you get off the boat and turn right you are met by *knee high weeds all along the right hand side. It looks like something you’d see in a run down sink estate  

*Sorry, I meant a wild flower meadow. 

That’s all I know. No doubt someone will be along soon to tell you about the  rest of the delights. 

Those weeds would appear to have a name... 

Screenshot_20220526-173302_Maps.jpg

• Haha 3

If you turn

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

When you get off the boat and turn right you are met by *knee high weeds all along the right hand side. It looks like something you’d see in a run down sink estate  

*Sorry, I meant a wild flower meadow. 

That’s all I know. No doubt someone will be along soon to tell you about the  rest of the delights. 

If you turn Left  off the boat you end up  in Peel 

That is as  bad as it  gets. 

Wild flowers  in Peel will not cover up  the stench of the sewage in the swimming bay or the locals*.....

*Tainted just like  Ramsey  peeps were  back in  the day  with the smell of  the  factory  that  did something to do with  chemicals?  they  worked  with.

I  cant  remember the name but whoever  worked there smelt of  badly  burnt chips/  oil.

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Stainless steel is no match for Manx weather:

It looks like the road planners have realised they do need Keep Left signs after all:

z.jpg

y.jpg

You can get different quality's of stainless steel . And as per form clearly this stuff is the lowest of the low . Take a bow DOI procurement division . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Stainless steel is no match for Manx weather:

It looks like the road planners have realised they do need Keep Left signs after all:

z.jpg

y.jpg

I was looking at Stainless Steel bollards for my back garden last year and apparently they need to be grade 304 AND Highly polished to keep rust at bay.

The modern look of "brushed stainless" may work in the middle of the UK, and look nice, but it is no good anywhere near the sea.

I found that out within about an hour of Googling "Stainless Steel Near the Sea".

WTF are the DOI doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I was looking at Stainless Steel bollards for my back garden last year and apparently they need to be grade 304 AND Highly polished to keep rust at bay.

The modern look of "brushed stainless" may work in the middle of the UK, and look nice, but it is no good anywhere near the sea.

I found that out within about an hour of Googling "Stainless Steel Near the Sea".

WTF are the DOI doing?

Well these aren't near the sea.. maybe 100 metres away with tide in 😉 

And your right as everyone who's had a boat will tell you. ! Give them a year and they will fit in perfectly. Great patina though 😂😂 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Wow , thats a turn up for the book. Major climb down by DOI even if it's only temporary. Surely an issue for lorries and the likes ?? 

Just stupid. The roundels actually work. If it wasn’t for the total dickheads that insist on using them as roundabouts. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Why do you think it’s going to prevent accidents?

It’s an unmarked junction so there was nothing stopping bikes filtering on either side of a vehicle, combined with a lack of indication at junctions/roundabouts it was an additional recipe for disaster, the cones alter the flow/direction and force people to go round rather than straight through the middle, so less chance of a bike getting right or left hooked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1