Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The information I have comes from FoI request ID 2242239 (search for " promenade design ").

The first report uses the word "roundel". It is clear from other data on the Internet, that "roundel" refers to an unmarked junction.

The second report might be badly phrased - they might intend to mean that the pedestrian lights imply to a driver that it is a light controlled junction and that there is no need for a driver to be prepared to give way.

That is how I understood it

46 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Authentic like.  Was it a Victorian truck?

It was Longworth's intent to use the Cabbage to pull the steam dining car. Presumably it would have been re-branded as the Diesel Dining Delight. Possibly he was going to use a pick-up truck to pull the horse-trams when no horses were available - on strike for more hay.

• Haha 1

It's just about a roundabout tho, isn't it? Tho not as round as a roundabout you could just about think that it's a roundabout 'cus in a roundabout way, it just about resembles a roundabout, tho 'not as we know it' Spock! Anyway, the confusion slows us all down to 10mph so we have around a 30secs to wonder what these bloody green lights are all about???

Viewed from high altitude it looks like Nasca Lines! Wonder what the little green men think of the DoI???

Perhaps the Tourist Board are hoping some Aliens will land their spacecraft on these and boost our visitors?

Edited by Kopek

6 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Schrodinger's roundabout? 

So the intersection may be considered simultaneously both an unmarked junction and a roundabout as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur.

I think I might be better off going to the pub and talking about Arsenal's chance of winning in the cup.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

So the intersection may be considered simultaneously both an unmarked junction and a roundabout as a result of its fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur.

I think its due to quantum physics actually.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

But not his wife. She’s already had her shoulder pulled. 

Don't taunt us with these hints of gossip stuff. Someone made an FoI request for the accident report and was give the usual fuck-off. So, is she suing the gov. for injuries received?

22 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Depends if it's clapping with just one paw. 

A dog walks into a saloon. One foot is bandaged up. It hops up to the bar and says "I'm lookin' fer the man that shot ma paw". A bear walks into a bar and says "A pint of bitter annndddd.... a packet of peanuts". The barman says "Why the big paws"

• Haha 2

A piece of string with a knot in his head and the top all frayed walked into a bar and asked for a pint. a sign behind the bar said, 'we don't serve string here'. 

The barman said, 'are you a piece of string?'. The string said,' nah, afraid not'.