Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

1 hour ago, emesde said:

You're absolutely right. Nobody minds bikes being ridden safely there. There is a bye law that limits the speed limits for bikes to 10 mph. A few signs to that effect might help. 

What about if you're running over 10 mph?

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

So I'm quite within my rights to divert them over the fence if they're doing over 10 mph? 😁

Be my guest. These are the same selfish twunts that cycle two abreast in the middle of the road holding traffic up rather than move over. 

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

Be my guest. These are the same selfish twunts that cycle two abreast in the middle of the road holding traffic up rather than move over. 

Oh it's better that way according to a policeman I saw on Twitter 😁

Cyclists don't fuss me to be honest. They get a lot of irrational hatred. Used to do some riding on the roads on a bike and had one or two frightening moments. I wasn't a lycra wearer though. My old grandad used to call them perverts. 'Look at these perverts in their gimp suits' was his line 🤣....we used to time how long it would take for him to say it when one passed.

That said I don't drive much these days either. 

Just now, Passing Time said:

given the average running speed is about 8mph, shouldn't be a major problem for you

I know exactly what my average running speed is thanks.  10 mph would be a fast run, not quite a sprint.  Jog 6-8mph (11-13 kph)

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

What about if you're running over 10 mph?

Sorry not covered by this bye law 🏃🏿‍♂️

It says

5.  No person may use a vehicle on the Walkway except a pedal cycle. 

6.No pedal cycle may be ridden on the Walkway at a speed exceeding  10 miles per hour. 

For your reference it is..... PROMENADE WALKWAY.,DOUGLAS (REGULATION OF TRAFFIC) 0RDER 2016

Statutory Document No 2016/0233

Came into force 18th July 2016

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, emesde said:

Sorry not covered by this bye law 🏃🏿‍♂️

It says

5.  No person may use a vehicle on the Walkway except a pedal cycle. 

6.No pedal cycle may be ridden on the Walkway at a speed exceeding  10 miles per hour. 

For your reference it is..... PROMENADE WALKWAY.,DOUGLAS (REGULATION OF TRAFFIC) 0RDER 2016

Statutory Document No 2016/0233

Came into force 18th July 2016

I spot a loophole.

image.thumb.png.8aa0cbe0049c4e4b6b7cf94c5bb737a4.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, emesde said:

Both photographs have the same person in. Is it you? 

Just wondering

Ha Ha. I dont think they have the same person and I'm not in either. I wish I was that young.

I have looked at the first picture more closely and his lycra is so tight I can see 2 loopholes.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

That is just a pack of lies. Its not an outdoor Tardis. If you widen the gap between tracks and use the same trams then it follows that there is less room to pass.

Unless they moved the pavements back.