Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

11 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Maybe an adequate number of public toilets would help?

Totally. Walking home from town late having been drinking lager inevitably get caught short before I reach home. Perils are being older means the call comes more often. Not proud but quite often have to relieve my bladder on the way. There just is nowhere now around Douglas really. What is the option ?? Fine when leaving bar or restaurant but the walk home seems to speed up the process. Fortunatly usually can find a deserted property on the way. Like I said not proud !. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 2

The sealing also proved a problem in Douglas, as the  cleaner now immortalised in the photo with the waste of space Ashford. When the operatives started to clean the mean pavements of Douglas it soon attracted the attention of the DOI, as in a van pulled up out jumped the occupant and stated what the fuck are you doing your removing the sealant. So boys and girls another chapter in DBC incompetence   is written and another machine on the pile of wasted money, not to worry its not theirs.  

42 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Totally. Walking home from town late having been drinking lager inevitably get caught short before I reach home. Perils are being older means the call comes more often. Not proud but quite often have to relieve my bladder on the way. There just is nowhere now around Douglas really. What is the option ?? Fine when leaving bar or restaurant but the walk home seems to speed up the process. Fortunatly usually can find a deserted property on the way. Like I said not proud !. 

I share your discomfort. Despite regular checks and everything being 'normal for a man my age' I reckon I must have a prostate the size of a doughnut. Driving home (Mount Murray) from Crosby a few months ago I had to stop and climb behind a hedge about half a mile from home. I so envy young men in adjacent pub urinals with the flow of a horse. - 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I share your discomfort. Despite regular checks and everything being 'normal for a man my age' I reckon I must have a prostate the size of a doughnut. Driving home (Mount Murray) from Crosby a few months ago I had to stop and climb behind a hedge about half a mile from home. I so envy young men in adjacent pub urinals with the flow of a horse. - 

What a classy disclosure for the voters of Middle to read. I bet Jane Poole Wilson has never pissed behind a hedge on her way home from Keys. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

What a classy disclosure for the voters of Middle to read. I bet Jane Poole Wilson has never pissed behind a hedge on her way home from Keys. 

Its nothing to do with classy or not tbh. Its necessity. What you supposed to do . Nobody wants to go up against a hedge but theres only so long you can hold it back especially when older. Not sure if women have the same issues with peeing tbh but guys and prostrate in later life is a big problem . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Its nothing to do with classy or not tbh. Its necessity. What you supposed to do . Nobody wants to go up against a hedge but theres only so long you can hold it back especially when older. Not sure if women have the same issues tbh but guys and prostrate in later life is a big problem . 

I was on a late bus one night that when stopped for someone to alight a woman hopped off and had a piss just outside of the bus doors which I thought was classy!

23 minutes ago, finlo said:

I was on a late bus one night that when stopped for someone to alight a woman hopped off and had a piss just outside of the bus doors which I thought was classy!

I've been on a bus back from Peel and the same thing. Fair play to the driver and regardless of sex if youve got to go ...... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max Power said:

It's not just the granite, the wooden seating is black and slimy, who knows what diseases are lurking there amongst the piss and hoop juice!

What are you implying? 

Hoop juice?

How very dare you!

• Haha 1