Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

42 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

If it is, fingers crossed for a spectacular derailment imminently. 

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure you’ve thought that through. That would be a really bad thing that happen. 

That's a fair point. I wouldn't wish any harm to any of the helpless horses that are forced to drag the trams along the prom. 

The other railways have done plenty of spectacular derailments. My favourite one was probably the Snaefell tram that looked like something from a Manx version of Air Crash Investigation 

http://mm.aiircdn.com/147/599087.jpg

Then there was this classic "go home tram, you're drunk" incident in Laxey 

Tram derails at Laxey - Manx Radio

Sadly there was a tram horse that was run over by a tram outside the Palace in 2016 - it collapsed/slipped and then the tram partly ran over it... the horse was reportedly 'fine' afterwards. 

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure you’ve thought that through. That would be a really bad thing that happen. 

I tend to specifically not to think too far ahead.  I also like to think that if it was proven to be an abject failure they might stop the madness before it goes any further.  However you're right, it would probably just give them an excuse to spunk even more money at it, trying to fix the problem.  

8 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

That's a fair point. I wouldn't wish any harm to any of the helpless horses that are forced to drag the trams along the prom. 

Sadly there was a tram horse that was run over by a tram outside the Palace in 2016 - it collapsed/slipped and then the tram partly ran over it... the horse was reportedly 'fine' afterwards. 

You see, the horses would be fine. 

It wouldn't be a fast crash.

Plus, we do have a retirement home for them... 

Edited by The Phantom

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I tend to specifically not to think too far ahead.  I also like to think that if it was proven to be an abject failure they might stop the madness before it goes any further.  However you're right, it would probably just give them an excuse to spunk even more money at it, trying to fix the problem.  

You see, the horses would be fine. 

It wouldn't be a fast crash.

Plus, we do have a retirement home for them... 

That's so last decade and not a cool saying anymore. Better alternatives are waste, fritter, spend etc. 

Agree with the view though. 

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I was more thinking about the thirty people on board. 

And the horse. 

It would be the most fun anyone ever had on a horse tram. 

Have there ever been 30 people on a horse tram (not wearing anoraks)? 

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

I wonder who our economical with the truth, evidence shredding Govt will get to open the 'New Line'?

Rebecca Vardey would add some glamour?

Really ? She's more a horse than the horse ! Glamour , Opticians are open tomorrow ! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Also, Chris Thomas thinks "the Victorians would be proud".  I'm 100% certain they would be absolutely baffled by the fact we now have drones, hoverboards, electric cars, e-scooters, electric bikes etc etc and we are still dragging trams with fucking horses!!! 

Actually the Victorians loved old stuff - they were always rebuilding castles and the like.  They'd have probably made the driver dress in suits of armour or something.

4 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The Victorians would be pissing themselves at us not being able to do a relatively simple bit of civil engineering (it was massively complicated because DOI made it so).  

This however is true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK OK, I haven't seen a pix of her. Just imagined as a Wag or arm candy? That she would be glamorous!!! Probably fashionably skinny, so she needn't come sniffing around me! My Galaxy 3 has served me well, wouldn't want to lose it overboard!!!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Kopek said:

OK OK, I haven't seen a pix of her. Just imagined as a Wag or arm candy? That she would be glamorous!!! Probably fashionably skinny, so she needn't come sniffing around me! My Galaxy 3 has served me well, wouldn't want to lose it overboard!!!

I think you will be safe from any waggy sniffing. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1