Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

What I find the most frustrating thing about the whole embarrassing saga of the prom is that the vast majority of us expected it to fail with shoddy workmanship and budgets spiralling out of control, the real cost we will never know lots will be hidden by creative accounting yet our politicians say beggar all, keeping there heads down nodding dogs to our thick headed CS heads of departments and there Waylon Smithers like lieutenants who can’t see the wood for the trees. Alf and his fellow mhk’s need to get a grip (open you eyes) we are becoming a laughing stock and a soft touch to all the Arthur Daleys out there with every large project you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted on Twitter this morning. 

So it looks like they even invited him back to attend the official opening of the trams even though he got kicked out of the job and he totally fucked everything up to a monstrous degree. Only in the IOM can find the time to reward incompetence in such a way. 

0395236A-9DDC-4EAF-B6ED-63764126451F.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Posted on Twitter this morning. 

So it looks like they even invited him back to attend the official opening of the trams even though he got kicked out of the job and he totally fucked everything up to a monstrous degree. Only in the IOM can find the time to reward incompetence in such a way. 

0395236A-9DDC-4EAF-B6ED-63764126451F.jpeg

He hasn't actually left yet. 

They have to keep him on the payroll until September while they find someone who can be named on their bus operating licence. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

A lot of people are in favour of the completion of the tram line which has already had money allocated for and taken and spent .   Speak for yourself not others.

I would think it is quite clear by my statement I am speaking about myself

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Who would be in favour of ripping all the shite up and using the rails to support new groins.

A) Me.

I can't believe that arsehole possesses the arrogance to even be seen alongside what he has created down there. He should be forming part of the foundations.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

He hasn't actually left yet. 

They have to keep him on the payroll until September while they find someone who can be named on their bus operating licence. 

So it's perfectly OK to operate the Airport for months under the name of a civil servant without any aviation background whose , even though you would expect that to be something governed by international regulation.  But we can't possibly run a bus operator's licence (presumably issued on the Island) without Longworth? 

As with so much that comes from the DoI, the rules seem to be made up as we go along (and existing laws ignored if it suits) and no one seems to feel it is their job to challenge stuff, no matter how irrational or implausible.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Extra bit
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

So it's perfectly OK to operate the Airport for months under the name of a civil servant without any aviation background whose , even though you would expect that to be something governed by international regulation.  But we can't possibly run a bus operator's licence (presumably issued on the Island) without Longworth? 

As you say we issue the operators license so it should have been capable of being sorted in 15 mins if that was the case. You’re not telling me that if it’s a matter of qualifications they couldn’t have found another fat train-spotting incompetent to go on it? 

• Haha 2

Maybe he's so attached to the horse trams that he's refusing to leave? After all, he came back from previous retirement - maybe the job was starting to look like it could be successful and it needed buggering up some more?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Maybe he's so attached to the horse trams that he's refusing to leave? After all, he came back from previous retirement - maybe the job was starting to look like it could be successful and it needed buggering up some more?

There might be an element of truth to that. Even once he’s gone (or if he goes looking at the above) he’ll probably still have a season pass and a special gold cushion he can sit on next to the driver.