Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

In my opinion the issue wasn't rust. Once again I think DOI are being economical with the truth. Rails if not used , MER, manage fine after a few trips. My gut feeling is the rails were sub standard and thats why they needed grinding. If that isnt the case are they going to gring them every March at 67k a time ?. Dont think so. 

• Like 1

Grumbling on other SM sources about the face angles of the rails not being correct and needing to be ground to allow the wheels of the trams to sit on them correctly? Plus the DOI ignoring prior advice on the subject...

• Like 3

Probley true about the angles on the rails, trains running up to 70mph do not rely on side flanges to keep them running central. But use the slopes on the rails and wheels to do so, but trams clopping along at 5.72mph  prefer flat rails. So now the grinding has fucked the rails for any future electric tram/ light transportation system, and we will have to source and install new rails before this could happen.

Who would of thought, BUFFOONS down to the last man.

15 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Probley true about the angles on the rails, trains running up to 70mph do not rely on side flanges to keep them running central. But use the slopes on the rails and wheels to do so, but trams clopping along at 5.72mph  prefer flat rails. So now the grinding has fucked the rails for any future electric tram/ light transportation system, and we will have to source and install new rails before this could happen.

Who would of thought, BUFFOONS down to the last man.

5.72mph? "Speeds approaching 100mph". 

• Haha 1

Interestingly the powers that be have got around to letting us yokels see the latest minutes of the My Prom adventures. These are from end of May and the first produced since January . A few points jump out !  Not sure what the Esplanade issue is but am sure someone on here with know. Incidentally Alan Burroughs from Burroughs Stewart has conveniently now retired !    

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Interestingly the powers that be have got around to letting us yokels see the latest minutes of the My Prom adventures. These are from end of May and the first produced since January . A few points jump out !  Not sure what the Esplanade issue is but am sure someone on here with know. Incidentally Alan Burroughs from Burroughs Stewart has conveniently now retired !    

Interesting, am I reading this right that DOI tried to use 'Covid Capital Funding' of £2m for the horse trams?

Screenshot_20220812-215551_OneDrive.jpg

10 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Interesting, am I reading this right that DOI tried to use 'Covid Capital Funding' of £2m for the horse trams?

Screenshot_20220812-215551_OneDrive.jpg

What would be wrong with that? There is only one pot. It's normal for organisations to move money from one fund to another. Its irrelevant really and example of 'no news'

41 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

What would be wrong with that? There is only one pot. It's normal for organisations to move money from one fund to another. Its irrelevant really and example of 'no news'

Thanks for your input, Ian. 

I guess it is 'no news' if you think a fund designed to help revive the economy post-covid should be used to bail out a government scheme that's gone overbudget.

• Like 2