Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

36 minutes ago, emesde said:

Back at the end of January, Crookall said that they couldn't sign off on the project, have they ever signed off on this or are the defects ongoing? 

Still snagging and deciding how there fixing the cracks I believe

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

When are they going to get rid of all the rubbish modern design, image items and re-surface it properly and reinstate the parking places and/or make more parking.

I’ve been up and down the prom a few times this week and even a year later I still can’t shake how spectacularly shit it is. It’s terrible. The trams were on today clogging up the place and forcing vans and buses to drive at 5mph for half the length to the Palace. Then you get to Loch Prom and the abysmal lack of parking and the constantly bottlenecked crawling traffic. Then chance the shit roundels that should work but 90% of every moron using them treats them as a roundabout stopping the flow even more. The DOI should be embarrassed it’s absolute Shite with a capital S. The fact that we paid £25M for it too just shames this failed useless government. If anyone wants to see everything that’s wrong with the IOM just sit at the Villa with a coffee for 15 mins and fully take in how absolutely shite everything is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

New street furniture has appeared at the Esplanade.

I do not think it will be long before the bollard is demolished. 

The keep right arrow gives me the impression you should go down the tram tracks?.

IMG-20220905-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220905-WA0003.jpg

You should maybe consider taking your driving test again if you think "keep right" means move to the left...

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

New street furniture has appeared at the Esplanade.

I do not think it will be long before the bollard is demolished. 

The keep right arrow gives me the impression you should go down the tram tracks?.

IMG-20220905-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220905-WA0003.jpg

It's the wrong sign for that position.