Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

My understanding was , from people on key parts of the contract ,  basically they had a concept plan but no detailed plans for arriving at the end result. Hence the jumping from areas to others. Buying time till they could come up with valid plans.  It basically was a cluster fuck which I dont hold Auldyn totally responsible for.

Edited by Numbnuts

16 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

My understanding was , from people on key parts of the contract ,  basically they had a concept plan but no detailed plans for arriving at the end result. Hence the jumping from areas to others. Buying time till they could come up with valid plans.  It basically was a cluster fuck which I dont hold Auldyn totally responsible for. Regardless no heads 

How would a contractor bid for a project that had no plans?

19 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

My understanding was , from people on key parts of the contract ,  basically they had a concept plan but no detailed plans for arriving at the end result. Hence the jumping from areas to others. Buying time till they could come up with valid plans.  It basically was a cluster fuck which I dont hold Auldyn totally responsible for. Regardless no heads 

Your understanding was wrong. Contracts don't work like that.  I blame all the parties equally

1. Government had no idea what they wanted so the concept was confused. 

2. BSA as the detailed designer

3. Auldyn for delivering it poorly. 

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Have you ever bid for a government contract/tender? That's how it works. 

They have no clue so the successful contractor pulls their trousers down, fucks them sideways and at the end of it Government don't know which way is up. 

• Like 1

Didn't BSA design the Peel Marina works ,  and parts of Iris  ,it will be interesting to see if their fingers are also on the design for the modernisation  of the East Quay in Peel thats just started  this week  , on present performance they should never work for government ever again , Come on Jason ask some meaningful questions ,  for a change lets flush everyone involved out , 

The Government are ultimately responsible for it. They decided the job needed doing and represented the taxpayer who was stumping up. BSA, Auldyn and whoever else were just contractors to whatever respective aspects of it.

If Government weren't then managing those contractors and their output to an acceptable or required standard then it is the Government's failing.

Although to be fair when the Government's side consisted of a collection of unqualified half-wits like a sequence of Ministers and Black, Robinson and Longworth it was never going to be a success.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

They had concept plans only. Hence the big delays to start with and the jumping around and starting small areas etc. Keeping the workforce seemingly working but with no end result. Think back and how the job progressed initially anyway.  

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

They had concept plans only. Hence the big delays to start with and the jumping around and starting small areas etc. Keeping the workforce seemingly working but with no end result. Think back and how the job progressed initially anyway.  

How could a contractor bid for a project by tender based upon a 'concept'?

I'm not saying the plans were good. I'm not defending the project, it failed for all sorts of reasons. 

My view if how it failed is a bit different to everyone else's that's all.

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

How could a contractor bid for a project by tender based upon a 'concept'?

I'm not saying the plans were good. I'm not defending the project, it failed for all sorts of reasons. 

My view if how it failed is a bit different to everyone else's that's all.

Got any views on using tram rails as concrete shutters?

• Haha 4