Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The war memorial parking was actually a classic car show. No public parking on there today when the Food & Drink Festival is on across the road. Nobody could find anywhere to park for the Food and Drink Show. Place was totally log-jammed. 

Good job you obviously never lived in a real city. Log jammed in Douglas = you have to walk 5 mins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Your memory must have faded surely. It was always rammed. It was rammed before and its rammed now. 

No it was mainly bad when the trams were on now it’s bad all the time consistently whether the trams are on or not. The layout on that stretch is appalling and even a 10 year old could have got the traffic flow better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes there was loads of space miles away as it said. 

Wouldn’t it have been clever, before was spent £25M, to have factored in the needs of the IOM venues in Douglas rather than taking 100 f**king parking spaces off the prom immediately outside? 

Do we really need the old promenade to be that wide? !0 ft wide would be more than adequate for the walkists. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Do we really need the old promenade to be that wide? !0 ft wide would be more than adequate for the walkists. 

You're overlooking the 1000s of daily cycling commuters....

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I actually saw one cyclist on the equally ridiculous Pulrose Bridge cycle lane yesterday on the way to the tip. Taking the grand total of cyclists I have ever seen using the 15 foot wide cycling lane to 1. 

I saw a motorbike on it in TT week, avoiding the queue of traffic on the bridge when the races were on. Quite clever really. It’s not like there were any cyclists to collide with. 

• Like 3

Promenade Walkway Plans 

I didn't want to start a new thread but has anybody else been into the Sea Terminal this week and noticed the plans are on a board for the Promenade Walkway? 

The Crayonistas have been busy. Lots of nice colourful surfaces and materials that will be washed out by the sea in no time. 

It's like they haven't learned from the last 5 years. 

Sorry, didn't get any photos. Will try next time. Strange that it doesn't seem to be up online. @Chris Thomasis it a stealth scheme?