Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

For fcksk what is wrong with the original prom look. You know when it used to be blue street furniture/railings bitchimum with coloured stones  rolled in whilst hot. Looked a lot better than the all colours that fade to puce in no time. Bit like the colourfull xmas lights through town, box's with bows, crackers, santa. What do we have now a boring shit show of red and silver because some one thinks it looks classier. Load of bollocks bring back the colour and magic that i used to take the kids to see. Not what some twat in council thinks is in  better taste. Fuck it bring back gaudy.

I can only opologise for going off topic and getting my rant on. Meds are kicking in as we speak

• Like 2

What a load of cobblers.

Salient point. The Promenade bears little resemblance to the projections that were wheeled out prior to commencing the works. Why would the walkway be any different?

• Like 1

It is worth making the effort to read the text in the above photos - a sense of humour is required. Enbarr's horse might look like a horse from those flying at 50 feet over the prom. but from ground level the effect will be somewhat diminished.

I think Fand, the fairy queen, should wave her magic wand over all DoI managers and turn them into frogs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still seem hell bent on building a 1.2m wall the length of the promenade but have done nothing to manage the beach level to where it was, or looked at reintroducing groynes to reduce longshore drift.

What’s going to happen when the beach level reaches halfway up the new wall, are they going to add another 1.2m on top? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Serious question, having watched some doi road works resurfacing (a patchwork quilt of a job done to) why do they start with a big gang then do a few days, then disappear then come back to go again so on and so on, then friday always seems an early bath and of bit of noise Saturday morning presumably for double bubble, Spanish practices or bad management organisation what am trying to say why don’t they just start and finish the bloody job in one hit.

33 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Serious question, having watched some doi road works resurfacing (a patchwork quilt of a job done to) why do they start with a big gang then do a few days, then disappear then come back to go again so on and so on, then friday always seems an early bath and of bit of noise Saturday morning presumably for double bubble, Spanish practices or bad management organisation what am trying to say why don’t they just start and finish the bloody job in one hit.

Always early finish for them on a Friday. Regardless . And cant miss the Saturday overtime lift . 

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

It is worth making the effort to read the text in the above photos - a sense of humour is required. Enbarr's horse might look like a horse from those flying at 50 feet over the prom. but from ground level the effect will be somewhat diminished.

I think Fand, the fairy queen, should wave her magic wand over all DoI managers and turn them into frogs.

I mistakenly thought the walkway was the corpy's