Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Not conforming with what? Do you have evidence that there was any contributory factors. Or are you speculating? I suspect you are. 

If the roundel was a roundabout then it would be non conforming but as it just an unmarked junction obviously is OK

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

If the roundel was a roundabout then it would be non conforming but as it just an unmarked junction obviously is OK

Even if the junction is unmarked the crossing is still placed to close to it, not to mention lack of ground markings and the fact it looks like a set of traffic lights. Which in my humble opinion along with filter lanes(which there is plenty of space for) should of been in place to control traffic flow.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not conforming with what? Do you have evidence that there was any contributory factors. Or are you speculating? I suspect you are. 

Not conforming the high way act, due to placement and ground markings set out. There is no speculation in that, whether it contributed to the accident I have no  information despite your speculation. Will await more information before lighting up the brand and digging out me pitchfork

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Not conforming the high way act, due to placement and ground markings set out. There is no speculation in that, whether it contributed to the accident I have no  information despite your speculation. Will await more information before lighting up the brand and digging out me pitchfork

You're right about the non-confomity. I've asked DOI about it and they wouldn't put the answer in writing. But essentially they admitted it doesn't meet highway standards. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Does the highway act stipulate such detail?

You did speculate..massively. you have back tracked a little, which is good.

46 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Highway standards?

There's a book, its been around for a while, called the highway code. People have to read, understand and then pass an exam on it to be granted a licence to drive. In it, it shows the standard markings you should expect to find on the roads. 

Personally I don't think non-standard markings should be allowed. The only exceptions may be on some little country lanes where someone puts up a sign saying SLOW DUCKS

Edited by manxfisherman