Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

"The morale of those working in public transport is at an all time low"

Hardly surprising in view of the catalogue of disasters which follow the DoI around. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/claims-doi-wants-to-get-rid-of-horse-trams-are-unhelpful/

Without an extension to the tracks, the horse trams become a nothing attraction, so get rid of them! They lead from nowhere to nowhere, nothing to see at either end, or in the middle. The town is a cultural and entertainment wasteland!

This is a typical Isle of Man strategic failure. We do every single thing in a half arsed manner, without any joined up strategy, or at least completely compromised by wooly thinking, vested interests and a NIMBY culture!   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

"The morale of those working in public transport is at an all time low"

Tough titty. The morale of a lot of people is very low. My morale always sinks a lot lower when I have to drive along places like the prom which have been made into a depressing pointless mess by the very same department.

• Like 5

lets face it the publics perception of government and especially the DOI is at an all time low ,  mainly brought on by crass  stupidity , wonton waste,  and an arrogance  when dealing with the general public ,

Armies of management and sadly no one left with any common sense  or sense of duty to deliver front line services , and I have even less confidence in Chris Thomas  to initiate any change in the dreadful   culture  they have created ,

• Like 5

Do they not realise the danger they are putting swimmers and lost sea captains in, how will rescue services locate them in all that light clutter. You know one of the reasons they cited for not having festoon lighting. Lifeboats and air sea rescue will think its a rave going on and ignore the area. Will no one think of the swimmers

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Not promenade, but DOI.

I can’t drive at the moment but got taken out for a bit this morning.

If you want an example of DOI incompetence take a trip out to Patrick from St John’s on the new surface they put down.  Was it called Ralumac?

Either completely unsuitable for our roads or badly laid - possibly both, but it’s like a rally stage with gravel everywhere and large parts of the new surface completely gone exposing the old surface underneath in what are basically big potholes.

I would go as far as to say that the gravel on the bends from the broken up surface is a safety issue.

Edited by Asthehills

58 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not promenade, but DOI.

I can’t drive at the moment but got taken out for a bit this morning.

If you want an example of DOI incompetence take a trip out to Patrick from St John’s on the new surface they put down.  Was it called Ralumac?

Either completely unsuitable for our roads or badly laid - possibly both, but it’s like a rally stage with gravel everywhere and large parts of the new surface completely gone exposing the old surface underneath in what are basically big potholes.

I would go as far as to say that the gravel on the bends from the broken up surface is a safety issue.

Oh Dear. Colas got binned due to Richmond Hill and some English outfit got this gig. Seems they are no better.