Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

On 11/23/2022 at 2:01 PM, 0bserver said:

Very good. Traditionally you would just roll a turd in glitter, but DOI have used mood lighting. 

Isn’t the mood lighting all broken now? It hasn’t been working half of this year. I believe that it shouldn’t have been hung near the sea as the salt gets into all the connections. I wonder who did their research on that one? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Isn’t the mood lighting all broken now? It hasn’t been working half of this year. I believe that it shouldn’t have been hung near the sea as the salt gets into all the connections. I wonder who did their research on that one? 

Nothing to do with DOI though.  That’s another DBC cock up

you need a torch if you are walking on the promenade at night ,  the lights are so poor  the city fathers should ask for their money back , absolute disgrace.   just like to fortnightly refuse collection , not properly researched  ill thought out and very poorly delivered , 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 11:21 PM, Omobono said:

you need a torch if you are walking on the promenade at night ,  the lights are so poor  the city fathers should ask for their money back , absolute disgrace.   just like to fortnightly refuse collection , not properly researched  ill thought out and very poorly delivered , 

Well that's because there is virtually no reason to walk along the Promenade at night. 

Back in the olden days (up to about 15 years ago), there were functioning pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants from one end to the other...  Now there are some flats and people are incapable of walking more than 5 minutes in any direction. 

Out of interest, I know the Govt loves a good enquiry.  Has anyone floated the idea of one to look into the Prom shambles yet? 

• Like 3