Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

If I recall news from the past couple of days correctly, the new Liverpool Terminal is also behind schedule with assurances being given that all will be well in time for TT 2012 (iomtoday, I think).

I wonder if "behind schedule" will also imply "over budget"?

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If I recall news from the past couple of days correctly, the new Liverpool Terminal is also behind schedule with assurances being given that all will be well in time for TT 2012 (iomtoday, I think).

I am informed thats a given !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

This may be based on a written answer to Watterson for yesterday's Tynwald [#29]:

What the key dates are for (a) the development and (b) opening of the Liverpool Ferry terminal?

The key dates for:-

(a) the development are the Access Date of 11th November 2011 [sic] and the Start Date of 20th January 2020. The contractual completion date for the whole of the works is 21st July 2021.

(b) the opening of the Liverpool Ferry Terminal will be no later than the completion date above although the Department hopes to be able to allow the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company to operate ferry services for TT 2021.

You'll note that the DoI literally does not know what year it is.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

So with the massive time delay to the project and all this seemingly extra work on the tram tracks (I'm told the rail filing/grinding isn't cheap!) What is the cost implication? 

They must be pushing a couple of million over...

My guess is twice the original budget, then there's the awards ceremony.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Now the excuse is that , 'it', needs dredging whatever it is. Funny that a few hundred yards upriver doesn't appear to need dredging

Cited cost now £38M, source BBC News Online. Bit more than you started with, eh Phil...?

I love driving to work along the prom at the moment, it takes longer going thru the QB and that's more direct.

I have been counting the rail welds as I poodle through at 18 mph.  I will be starting on the expansion joints next week, but I feel I may not even get to 1.. could they really have laid it all so far with no rail expansion joints, or are they just well hidden?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

I love driving to work along the prom at the moment, it takes longer going thru the QB and that's more direct.

I have been counting the rail welds as I poodle through at 18 mph.  I will be starting on the expansion joints next week, but I feel I may not even get to 1.. could they really have laid it all so far with no rail expansion joints, or are they just well hidden?

That's because they're using the latest new fandangled telescopic ones!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

This is Douglas, the laws of thermodynamics work differently here. 

• Haha 1