Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

@Numbnuts my main point was just that people may be slightly less angry if DOI were honest when they make this next announcement. Apologist for the utter disaster that it has become and humbly announce the new schedule. 

Instead they will get the departmental BS spreader out and act like the scheme is going from strength to strength. In fact I wouldn't even be surprised if they said something like "due to popular demand we have extended the length of the scheme and believe it will boost tourism by £10m in the next 2 years" 

Edited by foxdaleliberationfront
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

@Numbnuts my main point was just that people may be slightly less angry if DOI were honest when they make this next announcement. Apologist for the utter disaster that it has become and humbly announce the new schedule. 

Instead they will get the departmental BS spreader out and act like the scheme is going from strength to strength. In fact I wouldn't even be surprised if they said something like "due to popular demand we have extended the length of the scheme and believe it will boost tourism by £10m in the next 2 years" 

Honesty and Transparency from a Government Dept ..mmm  I know it's the season of goodwill but hell that's not happening . If you think back on all that's gone on it's been totally a disaster and it's on going . As many of us predicted before the start ! 

• Like 2

Just now, Numbnuts said:

Isn't that Dandara as part of the devolopment doing that ?? 

They'll probably make a better job of it than the DOI.

Let the DOI stick to what they're good at, like demolishing the 200-odd year old Manx cottage to make way for it. Thought there might have been more objections to that so far, to be honest?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Thought there might have been more objections to that so far, to be honest?

Bit of a separate subject but I think the public of the Isle of Man are all a bit fatigued by the constant cries by Conservationist that everything should be saved. 

It feels like every other week there is an objection being raised, an online petition being started or a bleeding-heart article in the paper trying go save some "building at risk".

And I think that's a shame because it weakens the cause of saving genuinely interesting or unique buildings that perhaps have a case for being saved. 

Two examples of the wasteful appeals being the derelict, longtail-infested wreck of a warehouse in Ramsey, and the appeal over demolition of the old Griddles building in town because it had some old cobbles in the cellar. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

And I think that's a shame because it weakens the cause of saving genuinely interesting or unique buildings that perhaps have a case for being saved. 

Two examples of the wasteful appeals being the derelict, longtail-infested wreck of a warehouse in Ramsey, and the appeal over demolition of the old Griddles building in town because it had some old cobbles in the cellar. 

Absolutely right! MNH made complete tits of themselves over that old shed in Ramsey. Shows a complete lack of common sense, on the part of the people within that organisation, and damages their credibility when they might have a sound case over something.

Indeed, I've just discovered that they've lodged an appeal against the removal of the protection, which is clearly going to delay the whole process further and cause a lot of added expense, for others. Total lunacy!

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/appeal-lodged-against-decision-to-remove-former-farmers-combine-building-from-protected-building-register/

The latest BS spin from the MyProm team has a distinctly festive flavour to it! 

www.myprom.im/plans/once-upon-a-time-overview

I think what all Promenade traders and residents would really like this Christmas is some truth and goodwill from the DOI and for Santa Claus to deliver them some good news - come on Ray, I'm sure you can don a Santa suit and roll out a loss making horse-tram, you could even gaffer tape some antlers to the horse! 

It is well overdue that they are given some accurate information by Government. Never mind the Once Upon a Time BS! Let's see some actual times, plans, and confirmation that the scheme is being suspended for the summer. 

19 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I think what all Promenade traders and residents would really like this Christmas is some truth and goodwill from the DOI and for Santa Claus to deliver them some good news - come on Ray, I'm sure you can don a Santa suit and roll out a loss making horse-tram, you could even gaffer tape some antlers to the horse! 

It is well overdue that they are given some accurate information by Government. Never mind the Once Upon a Time BS! Let's see some actual times, plans, and confirmation that the scheme is being suspended for the summer. 

16th December is the meeting I've heard when the truth will come out. Or at least the latest timetable and schedule and I'm guessing a new end date ! 

1 hour ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Just clicked on the link and read the copy. Gee, I'm welling up...