Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I love what these guys who work for the Department of Infrastructure (or maybe Education) employed as gardeners when they drive into the school yard, park there and sit there for hours reading the paper and drinking tea and take their strimmer out for half an hour, get back in the van and sit around for a long time before heading back.

I think thats partly to do with the road works, but also largely to do with the fact that it appears to be staffed by the family from The Hills Have Eyes!

That's an awful comment to make. I'm sure you meant the Addam's family.

Have you been in there? I wouldn't be wanting to dig up the back yard.

Yeah - I know exactly who you mean smile.png

The sausage baps are really tasty, whats the problem?

I think you're all going too far. Comments made from direct observation of the times of working are fair enough. But making comments about what these people look like is fucking low and ridiculously elitist considering that I imagine a lot of you are finance sector (or related) workers. I mean, when you think about the empty working lives of those office bound all day living out their regimented lives in suits and plain dress. And then watch as these do their daily march to the same places to grab a sandwich or take delight in the change of routine of going to a restaurant or note their same daily journey back and forth by car then its paints a really dull, vapid picture. No place for arrogance there. Besides, at least these people are making something. I have more respect for their ability and the work involved than narrow use of intelligence employed in certain others form of work.

(And if you're not an office worker, then maybe ponder on why the office worker doesn't get the criticism. If the matter is simply about working habits, leave it at that.)

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

I was confused about that, as some of the younger men working on the road look rather lovely. But yes, it doesn't matter, those comments are really shitty.

(The Hitchhikers willies bit was actually very funny. The other comments were not)

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita
  • Like 1