Promenade - Megathread

slinkydevil

I'm sure it is massively over budget . They have had up to now 3 different additions to th track laying including lifting rails , different fixings and then additional fixings to hold the rails. Plus skimming the tracks to try and stop noise . Thats just what I've noticed. Then there's the cracking yet to be dealt with . Oh I'm sure it's all well over budget 

Rip it up and replace with single track while they still have the chance

I need to know why it is double track.

I lie awake at night worrying about it.

I think the Government has done this on purpose to get to me, knowing I am wondering why they have wasted all that time and money and promenade real estate laying a double track when a single track could be considered profligate

6 hours ago, gettafa said:

The horse trams are a pointless waste of money which do nothing to make people feel better about living or working in Douglas. The hotels and boarding houses they used to serve no longer exist.

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Ha. They have just announced an emergency closure of Broadway for five days from tomorrow to implement a revised traffic management solution. 

It's almost as if they didn't realise having a stop sign with a pelican crossing right by it may be a bad idea. 

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. 

it can only be worse

35 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Ha. They have just announced an emergency closure of Broadway for five days from tomorrow to implement a revised traffic management solution. 

It's almost as if they didn't realise having a stop sign with a pelican crossing right by it may be a bad idea. 

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. 

Literally the very first thing I said when I saw it. The potential for someone to be knocked down by a vehicle turning into Broadway from the Gaiety end was obvious. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Literally the very first thing I said when I saw it. The potential for someone to be knocked down by a vehicle turning into Broadway from the Gaiety end was obvious. 

Except to the clowns running it...

I suggested earlier that Haydn Minay might want to keep a tow truck down there.

I hope that they erect a row of vertical pikes on the seaward side of the prom at the bottom of Broadway.

So that a selection of DOI heads may be mounted upon them.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

27 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Except to the clowns running it...

I suggested earlier that Haydn Minay might want to keep a tow truck down there.

I was thinking more an ambulance myself. A pedestrian crossing that on red will be taking a big gamble. The splays to the lights are a bit suspect. 

• Like 2