Residents object to Derbyhaven development.

Max Power

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Quayle will like it tho'

It's his kind of 'economic development'

Maybe we could make a care home out of it....? And shell out £500k for it to lie empty...

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Is there basement parking there already? If not, then aren't they going to have to mine/quarry it out of the rock? 

There’s a void with storage under the function area. Not sure how much of the rest. Remember it was built as a posh country house, dead centre, then extended.. Suspect the original bit  had a cellar.

7 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Quite what the point of building an hotel that is only 'operationally viable' is I do not know

I think we do know though. The first wave of the housing development is apparently needed because without it the hotel construction is not financially viable. A few years on, the hotel will then have 'proved' not to be operationally viable. Guess what happens then? Dandarisation will be complete.

The only acceptable quantity of residential development there is zero. If Dandara have bought a hotel plot on which they're incapable of developing a hotel, tough titty. They'll just have to demolish the existing mess. Then they can sell the land on (at, presumably, a substantial loss) to someone who can.

Edited by Yibble
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Yibble said:

I think we do know though. The first wave of the housing development is apparently needed because without it the hotel construction is not financially viable. A few years on, the hotel will then have 'proved' not to be operationally viable. Guess what happens then? Dandarisation will be complete.

The only acceptable quantity of residential development there is zero. If Dandara have bought a hotel plot on which they're incapable of developing a hotel, tough titty. They'll just have to demolish the existing mess. Then they can sell the land on (at, presumably, a substantial loss) to someone who can.

Sad post. This has to be built as one unit - have you bothered to read the plans?

Sad NIMBY, Sad!

1 hour ago, Yibble said:

Seriously sad attitude.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Seriously sad attitude.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, GD4ELI said:

Sad post. This has to be built as one unit - have you bothered to read the plans?

Sad NIMBY, Sad!

It's called perception and experience. Not something either of you suffer from thankfully.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...