Residents object to Derbyhaven development.

Max Power

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

A 40 apartment & 40 bedroom hotel development won't increase the existing footprint?

You're normally more sensible than that

Got to be better than what is there now.

I really can’t see the problem.

A fair few ugly houses down there should never have been built either, but the owners now complain that a development that will help lots of people is not in keeping. 4 king nimbyism at it’s worst.

4 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

It's an Area of Special Scientific Interest as well as appreciated by most as a natural beauty spot

You just can't have a residential development there

Boot would be mad to approve it

Langness as a whole - yes. Look at the screenshot below - there are no plans to encroach on the SSI or any special areas.

GolfStinks.jpg

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

On paper at the moment.

& you believe Dandara will place a 40-bedroom hotel, 40 luxury residential apartments, a spa complex and swimming pool on the same footprint?

This is physically possible but I'm guessing it would include underground or covered car parking & be significantly higher than the existing property

So here it is, 4 storeys high & what looks to me like totally inadequate parking provision

dbhAnnotation 2019-04-19 142832.jpg

Edited by Donald Trumps

8 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

& you believe Dandara will place a 40-bedroom hotel, 40 luxury residential apartments, a spa complex and swimming pool on the same footprint?

There’s a lot of wasted space in the present layout, due to the way it changed from Victoria house, country house hotel, 1920’s and 1950’s additions. Plus the designs I’ve seen have additional floor levels in some areas.

Lots of planning info here

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=17%2F01265%2FB

Including a consultants report warning of the impact #Brexit will have on Isle of Man hotels & stating the development is viable FROM AN OPERATIONAL PERSPECTIVE

Edited by Donald Trumps

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There’s a lot of wasted space in the present layout, due to the way it changed from Victoria house, country house hotel, 1920’s and 1950’s additions. Plus the designs I’ve seen have additional floor levels in some areas.

Like this.

GolfSucks.jpg