Caster Semenya loses appeal

Max Power

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Trust you. No funny photos then ?

I don't think Nikon make the right kind of attachment...

Seriously though, as a result of a gender test in 2009 Semenya was found to have no womb or ovaries but did have internal testes - hence the elevated testosterone levels.  It was in the Telegraph.

9 minutes ago, The Phat Tog said:

I don't think Nikon make the right kind of attachment...

Seriously though, as a result of a gender test in 2009 Semenya was found to have no womb or ovaries but did have internal testes - hence the elevated testosterone levels.  It was in the Telegraph.

So male then. QED

and maybe an appendage that acted like a pendulum

OK. I can see that this is not going to be popular. This thread is a prime example of how far political correctness has prejudiced a section of the general public against the majority interest. So many people are saying how terrible this is and "how must she feel?"

She looks like a bloke. She runs like a bloke. She "has both male and female genital characteristics". So what about all of the rest of the 100% female athletes who have the misfortune to be her contemporaries? What about their careers? Should their endeavours be sacrificed on the altar of her hurt feelings? Should they be content to aim for second place because first place is always going to the person packing abnormal amounts of testosterone? I think not. What about how they feel?

I do have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves "different" to the majority. They should not be persecuted for it in general society. However, sympathy should never extend to them being allowed a competitive advantage against their peers either. The greatest advantage to the majority must be the rule. The decision, for once, is absolutely correct and the appeal should be dismissed.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

OK. I can see that this is not going to be popular. This thread is a prime example of how far political correctness has prejudiced a section of the general public against the majority interest. So many people are saying how terrible this is and "how must she feel?"

She looks like a bloke. She runs like a bloke. She "has both male and female genital characteristics". So what about all of the rest of the 100% female athletes who have the misfortune to be her contemporaries? What about their careers? Should their endeavours be sacrificed on the altar of her hurt feelings? Should they be content to aim for second place because first place is always going to the person packing abnormal amounts of testosterone? I think not. What about how they feel?

I do have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves "different" to the majority. They should not be persecuted for it in general society. However, sympathy should never extend to them being allowed a competitive advantage against their peers either. The greatest advantage to the majority must be the rule. The decision, for once, is absolutely correct and the appeal should be dismissed.

Absolutely agree 100%. The world has gone mad and very few want to stop it. Disgraceful that people are so weak and can't face reality.

Archived