Caster Semenya loses appeal

Max Power

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s a fool China. He has been pulled up on different topics where he can’t remember what he posted. Yet according to his teachers, he’s a positive Einstein...

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

He’s a fool China. He has been pulled up on different topics where he can’t remember what he posted. Yet according to his teachers, he’s a positive Einstein...

I dont even need to remember its all recorded you big soft wally x

4 hours ago, Chinahand said:

Goodness, doesn’t this forum contain a lot of misogynistic, if-I-don’t-find-a-woman-attractive-they’re-a-man, nasty, judgmental people. 

3 hours ago, Chinahand said:

We are all judgemental.  Being casually misogynistic - yuck I think so-and-so is ugly and butch so she must be a man, is nasty.

Have you even read the thread? You certainly seem to have invented your interpretation of it.

Oh the irony. On the day I give my vote to Chinahand for the most interesting, varied content and insightful comment on Manxforums, he comes up with this total and utter nonsense. In fact, as one who has championed women in the workplace and indeed promoted younger women into positions of authority in charge of older men, I take great exception to the implication that we are engaged in misogyny.

Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for or prejudice against women or girls. A hatred of the female sex in general. As paul says above, absolutely nobody here is engaging in that. On the contrary, I and others have made the case FOR women and girls, large or small, ugly or pretty - appearance is absolutely irrelevant - to compete on equal terms against their peers. They deserve to be able to do so without every event they enter being turned into a farce by somebody with the characteristics of both sexes who women simply cannot compete with. If we are discriminating at all, and I dispute that, we are not discriminating against women. Please remove the pc/hurt feelings spectacles.

If you can't see the unsavoury nature of some of the posts on this thread then you are a very different person than I am.  Casual insulting of people based on their appearance and non conformance to gender stereotypes. 

In life and ethics I've been taught if you couldn't say it to an elderly female stranger or to the person you are referring to then think carefully why your saying it. 

This thread contains unnecessary and nasty comments about Caster, about the Williams sisters, and about Fatima Whitbread. When people do that I challenge them and I hope I always will.

14 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

If you can't see the unsavoury nature of some of the posts on this thread then you are a very different person than I am.  Casual insulting of people based on their appearance and non conformance to gender stereotypes. 

In life and ethics I've been taught if you couldn't say it to an elderly female stranger or to the person you are referring to then think carefully why your saying it. 

This thread contains unnecessary and nasty comments about Caster, about the Williams sisters, and about Fatima Whitbread. When people do that I challenge them and I hope I always will.

I see unsavoury stuff all of the time, and not just words, I can assure you. But you are throwing the baby out with the bath water. You are not addressing the point at issue that had to be ruled on by the IAAF, in fact you are completely ignoring it. What do you say to all of the women whose careers have been impeded by this injustice to the 99%? Hard luck?

The world does not turn on the avoidance of hurt feelings, I'm afraid. It would be nice if it did, but it does not.

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

I see unsavoury stuff all of the time, and not just words, I can assure you. But you are throwing the baby out with the bath water. You are not addressing the point at issue that had to be ruled on by the IAAF, in fact you are completely ignoring it. What do you say to all of the women whose careers have been impeded by this injustice to the 99%? Hard luck?

The world does not turn on the avoidance of hurt feelings, I'm afraid. It would be nice if it did, but it does not.

I believe Mr C is finding the disparaging remarks somewhat upsetting.

Personally I think upstairs Caster Semenya must be one confused, distressed, lonely individual. And for that I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean that I can't smile at the "Williams brothers" cliche because it tickles my completely off the wall sense of humour. 

Nasty as in misogynistic is relative. I personally haven't detected any in this thread. Cruelty maybe, but not as in a complex.

No I'm not addressing the issue of the IAAF ruling, that ruling does not excuse the behavior by the usual suspects to demean in their usual crude way. These things are totally unconnected. I'll happily discuss the main subject, though not tonight and likely not at work tomorrow too busy, but that won't stop me calling out nasty behavior.

Archived