Caster Semenya loses appeal

Max Power

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I believe Mr C is finding the disparaging remarks somewhat upsetting.

Personally I think upstairs Caster Semenya must be one confused, distressed, lonely individual. And for that I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean that I can't smile at the "Williams brothers" cliche because it tickles my completely off the wall sense of humour. 

Nasty as in misogynistic is relative. I personally haven't detected any in this thread. Cruelty maybe, but not as in a complex.

I have sympathy for Semenya too, for all the reasons that have been listed. But this sympathy does not extend to disadvantaging every woman that has ever raced against her simply so that she can continue with the fantasy that she is engaged in fair competition. Aside from the silly "hairy" jokes, I believe that is all we are saying.

24 minutes ago, woolley said:

I have sympathy for Semenya too, for all the reasons that have been listed. But this sympathy does not extend to disadvantaging every woman that has ever raced against her simply so that she can continue with the fantasy that she is engaged in fair competition. Aside from the silly "hairy" jokes, I believe that is all we are saying.

Well, it's all the adults are saying anyway....

11 hours ago, paswt said:

I s'pose statistically women know more about the art of irony;) :flowers:

10 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

Please explain? x

It was a poor attempt at a joke , women do more ironing that men (well in my  house:)):flowers:

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Ok, I'm getting too old to be down with the kids. Skimming a womans kitchen, perhaps I'll try that one out later.

I think I know what it means:

9 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

What on earth (flat, spherical or otherwise) does that mean?

In her eyes that me an my mate are knights in shining armour!

She and her partner attempted to plaster their own kitchen, and made a very good attempt. But they didnt have time to finish it and we turned up promptly and got most of it done today for her. She was very grateful and is a lovely young lady who works with young children in a local school

So skimming is finish coat plastering x

Archived