Manx Notes

Alias

the IoM would probably have a stronger currency than the pound, all things considered as we have higher inflation which would mean a domestic higher base rate of interest. Keep the paper pounds manx! It's right as well about it being a free loan to the english treasury, we should all spend the manxies instead of the english ones....

so we should what, bank the english ones?

I worked as a cashier for HMG in the City, during that time there was a PQ in the House asking if Scottish notes were legal tender within England. The Treasury's answer was that they were not legal tender but HMG offices were encouraged to accept them. I would presume the same for all N Irish, CI and Manx notes too

I worked as a cashier for HMG in the City, during that time there was a PQ in the House asking if Scottish notes were legal tender within England. The Treasury's answer was that they were not legal tender but HMG offices were encouraged to accept them. I would presume the same for all N Irish, CI and Manx notes too

That's it! Tell visitors that their English notes are not acceptable in the IoM. Offer to exchange them at a profit!

I would much prefer pound notes than coin, you end up with a pocket full of metal and have no idea how much is there until you try and count them out at a till with a queue behind you, which is more trouble than just having paper notes in a wallet. You can easily have £20 in loose coin.

The US notes are silly as the different denominations are all the same size and colour, very difficult to see what you have at a glance unlike the UK/Manx and others.

Archived