Tory leadership race

Chinahand

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

So thanks to the brexiteers the UK now has narcissistic, lying, serial philanderer Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

After the Brexit referendum and the worst Government and Oppostion in living memory I didn't think our standing on the world stage could sink any lower.

I was wrong....

A narcissistic, lying, serial philanderer?

Have I missed something?  I didn't know that Tony Blair was even in the running!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Rog said:

A narcissistic, lying, serial philanderer?

Have I missed something?  I didn't know that Tony Blair was even in the running!

You shouldn't laugh at a tragedy....

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I suppose at least it will make a nice change to have a Prime Minister with a bit of positivity about him. We've not really had that since Blair. 

Try telling that to Mrs Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.....

On 6/18/2019 at 12:53 PM, Rushen Spy said:

I like Boris Johnson and have expected him to be an inevitable PM for quite a few years. I hope he will deliver Brexit.

Brexit will not happen so long as the Government Bureaucracy keeps delaying its happening.

Looks to me that the Government Bureaucrats are Resistant to Brexit so are doing what they can to keep the UK in the EU disregarding how the People Voted.

In my opinion, there is not greater Threat to Democracy than the Government Bureaucrats.

3X3

13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Try telling that to Mrs Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.....

Why?  She's an Iranian national jailed for crimes committed in Iran.  Non of our business.

13 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Brexit will not happen so long as the Government Bureaucracy keeps delaying its happening.

Looks to me that the Government Bureaucrats are Resistant to Brexit so are doing what they can to keep the UK in the EU disregarding how the People Voted.

In my opinion, there is not greater Threat to Democracy than the Government Bureaucrats.

3X3

Ain't that the truth.  Blair politicised the civil service. The ham that POS caused to the UK just keeps giving and giving.

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

Why?  She's an Iranian national jailed for crimes committed in Iran.  None of our business.

Well, apart from the fact she has a British Passport that is.

Still, brexiteers NEVER let uncomfortable truths get in the way of their zealotry.

Isn't that right Roger....?

20 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Still, brexiteers NEVER let uncomfortable truths get in the way of their zealotry.

She has dual nationality. Whatever the rights or wrongs of her arrest are, that dual nationality makes it virtually impossible for the UK to do anything. That and the fact that the US, UK and Iran seem apparent on starting a war.

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

She has dual nationality.  So do I.  The rules a that when in the country that is one of which you are a national that law dominates in all matters. If it were that she was not in Iran it would be a very different matter. But she is.  Hence not our problem.

5 minutes ago, Rog said:

She has dual nationality.  So do I.  The rules a that when in the country that is one of which you are a national that law dominates in all matters. If it were that she was not in Iran it would be a very different matter. But she is.  Hence not our problem.

Go on then, British and ?

3 hours ago, Rog said:

It's something of a worry that Johnson hasn't even got his feet under No. 10's table and already the rabid right wing brexiteers are making excuses for him.

During his chaotic tenure at the FO his stupidity had this poor woman incarcerated away from her British husband and her British kids. Wheedle all you like and it won't hide Johnson's incompetence.

The amusing thing is all of us born on Mannin are dual nationals. But if he was banged up in a third world chokey I'm sure even Roger would be exclaiming " You can't touch me I'm British..." or similar.

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's something of a worry that Johnson hasn't even got his feet under No. 10's table and already the rabid right wing brexiteers are making excuses for him.

During his chaotic tenure at the FO his stupidity had this poor woman incarcerated away from her British husband and her British kids. Wheedle all you like and it won't hide Johnson's incompetence.

The amusing thing is all of us born on Mannin are dual nationals. But if he was banged up in a third world chokey I'm sure even Roger would be exclaiming " You can't touch me I'm British..." or similar.

That woman got precisely what she deserved, in fact she got ok remarkable lightly.  BoJo tried to help in spite of having no duty or requirement to get involved.

But here's the thing.  If I was banged up in Israel I would not expect any action or even consular access from the UK.  I would not be entitled to any.

Archived