Epstein death.

Giri

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

I didn't realise there was a competition going on.

Maybe, just maybe, myself and “ the bees “, just say it as we see it. That would be unlike R B who just posts what he thinks people will want to hear and like his post. Pretty shallow really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I'd think I'd brought him up to have a bit more intelligence whether or not.

And yet we know young footballers were groomed and subjected to sexual abuse by some coaches.

We know that the coaches abused their position to exploit the hopes and dreams of young boys.

The same is true of Epstein.  He used his wealth and power to exploit young girls and women and probably their parents as well.

The Catholic church are another institution which has problems with child abuse.

It is time that some of you got of your high horse and realised that the crimes committed by Epstein are just as inexcusable as the other forms of abuse I have outlined.

43 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

And yet we know young footballers were groomed and subjected to sexual abuse by some coaches.

We know that the coaches abused their position to exploit the hopes and dreams of young boys.

The same is true of Epstein.  He used his wealth and power to exploit young girls and women and probably their parents as well.

The Catholic church are another institution which has problems with child abuse.

It is time that some of you got of your high horse and realised that the crimes committed by Epstein are just as inexcusable as the other forms of abuse I have outlined.

Not a patch on the Catholic Church. Epstein was vile, but didn’t come close to the C C. They should never be forgiven for the thousands of lives they ruined. Still happening today too. So much for god bothering.:angry:

Edited by dilligaf

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe, just maybe, myself and “ the bees “, just say it as we see it. That would be unlike R B who just posts what he thinks people will want to hear and like his post. Pretty shallow really.

No. I used to think that too, but for many years now I've accepted that Richard actually believes in all the stuff he posts. I rarely agree with any of it, of course, but I'm sure it's sincere. Nobody is that good an actor.

30 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. I used to think that too, but for many years now I've accepted that Richard actually believes in all the stuff he posts. I rarely agree with any of it, of course, but I'm sure it's sincere. Nobody is that good an actor.

i'm sure Richard will be mightily relieved to read that...!

So how did Fergie receive £15,000 from Epstein after his conviction in 2010?

3 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

See above.

I don't see Pottylisa's posts :)

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

So how did Fergie receive £15,000 from Epstein after his conviction in 2010?

Probably a bank transfer - but seriously, I thought that was a bit outrageous too but put it down to Andrew not wanting to give her money from his own pocket and/or to make Fergie look bad. The whole bankrupt Fergie thing was all very cringe at the time, sake love, yer a princess, sort it out. Guess she/he did... ouch. 

Edited by thebees
  • Like 1

I'm going to say something here which is nuanced and I'm quite cautious about voicing it in these #metoo times.

The issue of consent is becoming hugely politicised.  One individual may think they have received the consent of the other person involved - a person who is old enough to give their consent as an adult.  Consent can be exchanged between two adults, in a private and intimate setting, but suddenly that isn't good enough, and there is a risk that the nanny state will come along and say "oh, no, person B didn't really give their consent - we in our infinite wisdom can classify this person as vulnerable, and hence it doesn't matter what they said, consent wasn't freely given, it was extorted, or manipulated, and that doesn't count - hence person A is an abuser and rapist."

I understand that argument, but feel it is a dangerous one, and feel it should only be used in the most obvious cases.  It is an argument which removes personal responsibility and risks regret and seconds thoughts being turned into accusations of rape.

Regret does not equate with rape.  No must mean no, but the opposite should also apply - yes, should mean yes, except in the most manipulative circumstances.

Personal responsibility is one of the most important characteristics of being independently human.  We can say yes, we can say no, and our wishes should be taken seriously.

But to say yes, and then have the state come in and decide someone was deluded into giving their consent is to juvenile us all before state power.  I would rather empower the individual.  They need to take responsibility, say no, and be supported in that empowerment by the state, rather than being weakened and nullified by a state insisting they did not have the ability to know their mind.

If that is what thebees is saying, I'll agree with her.  This isn't necessarily such a cut and dried issue as the #metoo generation pretend.

• Like 4

How odd. Everyone seems to hate a nonce, until it turns out an English royal has been partying with a convicted pimp-for-nonces for nearly two decades. Suddenly the state broadcaster offers to traipse up to a place of his choosing for a one hour interview so he can try and explain himself - something that would never be offered to a Rotherham taxi driver accused of noncery. Next we have English nationalists crawling out of the woodwork to tell us that nonces aren’t so bad after all - its all the trafficked minors’ fault for being worldly wise money grubbing attention seeking little whores and we should feel sorry for poor Andy and his nonce mates. How very fucking odd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1