Epstein death.

Giri

12 minutes ago, PottyLisa said:

He didn't come across to well. As Richard said, this is the kind of attitude that can be really detrimental to women coming forward and the kind of ecosystem they were in would suggest they were ripe for being taken advantage of, mislead or manipulated.

It was a bad era for the girls, no doubt about that, just shows that money talks and can buy anything or anyone. I would have thought though, that 18 or 19 year olds would be able to stand against what was happening. Still bad though.

Edited by dilligaf

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

These girls were being moved around by some of the richest, most powerful men on the planet.  Epstein had leverage on very, very important and influential people (including British Royalty).

Did they complain? Did they stay away from the people who were 'grooming' them? No, they kept going back for more. You cannot deny any of that. That's the crux of it, if they hadn't been ok with it, they would not have repeatedly "been flown all over the planet" by these really rich and highly influential people. If you didn't want to go and knew what was coming (or might be expected of you) you wouldn't go, it really is that easy. No one has ever flown me half way across the world for a shag, have they you? :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It was a bad e-reader for the girls, no doubt about that, just shows that money talks and can buy anything or anyone. I would have thought though, that 18 or 19 year olds would be able to stand against what was happening. Still bad though.

This isn't some scally offering to buy a lass a bag of chips for a chip handy round the back of the Co-op.

This is a group of ultra wealthy people, with global reach, able to promise the world to these young girls and women ("You're going to meet a Prince").

9 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Did they complain? Did they stay away from the people who were 'grooming' them? No, they kept going back for more. You cannot deny any of that. That's the crux of it, if they hadn't been ok with it, they would not have repeatedly "been flown all over the planet" by these really rich and highly influential people. If you didn't want to go and knew what was coming (or might be expected of you) you wouldn't go, it really is that easy. No one has ever flown me half way across the world for a shag, have they you? :) 

Do you know what grooming is? It is all about normalising something that isn't normal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2bees said:

You have no concept of the complex psychological harm these girls and women have been subjected to and the complex situation they were in.

You are a terrible person, and should be ashamed of yourself.

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You have no concept of the complex psychological harm these girls and women have been subjected to and the complex situation they were in.

You are a terrible person, and should be ashamed of yourself.

I don’t think any of us has any experience of grooming or the like so we should not be judging each other on this. We are only forming opinions on what info we glean from news items. Unless you have been groomed or whatever, you can’t possibly know what effects it has, apart from what you read or hear. I am not excusing any of these men by the way. They all knew what was involved, but were not all paedophilic 

Can you explain why they're all over the media? Publicising their 'truly horrific' ordeals isn't really part of healing complex psychological harm, is it? 

Didn't the parents of these kids find it all a bit strange? Really? If my 15-18 year old daughter was getting flown over to a party island I'd be asking serious questions. Oh get back and read your Daily Mail whopper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2bees said:

Can you explain why they're all over the media? Publicising their 'truly horrific' ordeals isn't really part of healing complex psychological harm, is it? 

Didn't the parents of these kids find it all a bit strange? Really? If my 15-18 year old daughter was getting flown over to a party island I'd be asking serious questions. Oh get back and read your Daily Mail whopper.

Daily Mail?!?

You absolute whopper.