Mhks Salary

crumlin

Several MHKs are showing a bit of unrest over the levels of pay within the civil service, Bill Henderson is one of the first to come out in public over it, but the biggest shock was to see the ex CM Richard Corkill working behind the counter of a shop in Castletown, next thing will be David Cretney pushing a Hot Dog stall arround the streets of Douglas at nights.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL.

Agree with wages rising for MHKs, maybe that way we would get some decent people like lawyers and accountants taking up the posts.

err....

Was it some kind of challenge... or a bet... trying to get the words 'lawyers' and 'accountants' into the same sentence as 'decent people'?

Why not have the Island run by MPs from the UK

1) Because most of them don't know where the island is... and the rest of them don't care!

2) Because they're every bit as useless as our lot - and every bit as corrupt.

3) Because they live in a foreign land.

so your saying accoutants arent decent people? beg to differ moron.

people like you give accountants a bad name, and youll find any crocked accountants have already been struck off/or arent even accountants.

what do you do then, pick up dog pooh for a living or are you one of those government sponges who refuses to work?

people like you give accountants a bad name, and youll find any crocked accountants have already been struck off/or arent even accountants.

what do you do then, pick up dog pooh for a living or are you one of those government sponges who refuses to work?

handbag.jpg

Wow! That raw nerve really is visible isn't it?

I won't take up with the name-calling thing - it's too childish, but, since you ask, I'm self-employed and I took a book keeping course many years ago so I wouldn't have to waste money getting an accountant to sort my finances.

Archived