Trouble on the Buses

foxdaleliberationfront

Personally I think it is right to be looking at the capacity on the south routes over TT. I got buses everyday for the two week period and FOUR in that time went past with bus full written on it. I'm not sure I got a seat at any point.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Jumped on the bus on the prom this evening heading for Royal Avenue as advertised on front of bus. Imagine the merriment when the fucking thing went up Summerhill. When challenged, the driver said “somebody must have keyed in the wrong destination” no shit Sherlock...

That will be him. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, Annoymouse said:

Had to pick my missus up from work on Sunday because her bus had been cancelled at 7pm, a complaint will be going in because I wasted an hour picking her up and she waited half hour for a bus to turn up without any notice it had been cancelled (it wasn't posted/updated anywhere), she only found out it was cancelled by stopping another bus on a different route and asking what was going on 'oh its been cancelled due to staff shortages, they don't want to do Sunday overtime any more' was the reason given! so she then had to wait half an hour for me to turn up.

So I wonder why the dynamic duo of Reich Marshal Longworth & Desparate Dan didn't step in? Or was it past their bedtime?

23 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Jumped on the bus on the prom this evening heading for Royal Avenue as advertised on front of bus. Imagine the merriment when the fucking thing went up Summerhill. When challenged, the driver said “somebody must have keyed in the wrong destination” no shit Sherlock...

You should never pay attention to the destination displays. They're frequently wrong.

On 14 October 2019 at 9:21 PM, Annoymouse said:

Had to pick my missus up from work on Sunday because her bus had been cancelled at 7pm, a complaint will be going in because I wasted an hour picking her up

This is the greatest sentence I've ever read - buy her a new iron for Xmas and ask MF on Boxing Day why she's miserable.

Will a satisfactory answer to your complaint be Longworth turning up to re-pay your valuable hour by washing up or cleaning.

• 1 month later...

Argh.... their system is so abysmally crap I want to slap whoever is responsible for this pile of poo with a kipper. In the face. Repeatedly.

image.thumb.png.02442a413f321607882c750eaea35ec8.png

Zero trips left on the card, so trying to pop up. Gives me an error and I have no idea what it means. I have no pending purchases or trips left. Clearly something wrong with their system. In normal cases you'd take to social media and ask, but BusFailin doesn't care about their customers and their twitter is unstaffed. Oh, did I mention their payment form is pretty insecure and the fact it takes ages for rides to be credited makes the whole system unfit for purpose? Who lets them get away with this crap? I'm this close to driving to work with my own car again as it's less hassle than this shit. Rant over.

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Argh.... their system is so abysmally crap I want to slap whoever is responsible for this pile of poo with a kipper. In the face. Repeatedly.

image.thumb.png.02442a413f321607882c750eaea35ec8.png

Zero trips left on the card, so trying to pop up. Gives me an error and I have no idea what it means. I have no pending purchases or trips left. Clearly something wrong with their system. In normal cases you'd take to social media and ask, but BusFailin doesn't care about their customers and their twitter is unstaffed. Oh, did I mention their payment form is pretty insecure and the fact it takes ages for rides to be credited makes the whole system unfit for purpose? Who lets them get away with this crap? I'm this close to driving to work with my own car again as it's less hassle than this shit. Rant over.

The cards themselves are generally a good idea. But I agree, the top up process and lagtime leave a lot to be desired. 

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/ticketer-bus-ticket-machines.170420/

I personally think Cregeen, Longworth and Thomson were wrong to purchase Ticketer machines, and would have preferred either an Almex upgrade or Parkeon’s Wayfarer but the above link gives a fairly balanced view, in fact, the bulk of the posts are favoured towards Ticketer.

Either way, the procurement process was distasteful at best in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Amadeus said:

In normal cases you'd take to social media and ask, but BusFailin doesn't care about their customers and their twitter is unstaffed. 

Their use of social media is ... something else.  I once asked if something was now running, because there were no updates, and got told that the girl who did social media only worked office hours.  The idea that such media might be used by operational staff to keep people up to date about rapidly changing situations (for example with the buses beyond Laxey because of tree-felling) seems to be completely beyond their comprehension.  In any case you suspect each tweet would have to be approved by a ten-strong cross-department committee that met quarterly to make sure that it was 'on brand'.

And there's no consistency.  The only tweet they have made in November was to warn of closing Ridgeway Street for the practice for switching on the Christmas lights (John Joughin clearly needs a good week to work out how to press a button), but no such tweet was made regarding the actual event last night when the buses were similarly disrupted.  Even if they manage to get some info out it is rarely duplicated on more than one channel.  3FM carried a story yesterday of extra Night Owl buses over Christmas, but no timetables appear on their website as promised and no cross-promotion has appeared on social media (though they did manage to share the Spewin' Juan Memorial Press Release).

8 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

How so?

To start with, Ticketer were the only tenderer allowed to do a product demonstration. At least one other tenderer was refused an opportunity to do a demonstration - It is all clearly documented on Hansard.

The tender specification was tailored to suit Ticketer, and Cregeen misinformed Tynwald of the capabilities of  Ticketer Machines by confusing the house by misinformation regarding the ITSO facility.

Probably worth searching what I have posted before if you are interested.

51 minutes ago, Will Halsall said:

To start with, Ticketer were the only tenderer allowed to do a product demonstration. At least one other tenderer was refused an opportunity to do a demonstration - It is all clearly documented on Hansard.

The tender specification was tailored to suit Ticketer, and Cregeen misinformed Tynwald of the capabilities of  Ticketer Machines by confusing the house by misinformation regarding the ITSO facility.

Probably worth searching what I have posted before if you are interested.

This is getting personal again isn’t it because of your past dealings with I L. You  have explained to me before about his past, but this is not the place to settle scores, is it ? :flowers:

Archived