Laxey flooding

the stinking enigma

• 4 weeks later...

Trees down on Captain's Hill too. More evidence of the massive amount of roadside tree-limbing and pruning work that's built up and outstanding across the Island?

• Like 1

Laxey as well as other glens and areas of woodlands have as everyone knows been neglected for years. Speaking to someone relatively high up in the department, maintenance was a dirty word with the senior management preferring new capital projects. I think the penny has finally dropped, albeit too late in Laxey’s case and work is starting to be undertaken to resolve historic failings. Drainage, river walls and tree pruning are going to come at a high cost over the next decade all because of cost ‘saving’ on maintenance during the supposed austerity years. Just wait until Ash die back takes hold properly. Tree surgeons are going to be doing very well, as Ash trees are everywhere. At least Baker lives in a glen so he has seen the issues at first hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I see Perkins is saying how bad the flooding  is in Laxey. Duh!

Wonder why he doesn't understand that he's there to do something about it, not just comment.

Pretty Polly Perkins has started his 2021 election campaign early, hasn't he?  The man's a waste of space.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Any middle aged man who still wears bomber jackets should be actively avoided. He reminds me of a mid 1980s Denis Waterman. 

Don't forget the moustache...

• Haha 1