Laxey flooding

the stinking enigma

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

But is it working as it was meant to do now ? I believe its not as theres a triangular requirment and as thete is no more similar it cant happen . Happy to be proved wrong 

Oh, I don't know to be honest? Perhaps as they have now proved it, they can get others in the loop triangulation wise?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Oh, I don't know to be honest? Perhaps as they have now proved it, they can get others in the loop triangulation wise?

The reasoning if this is true needs to be looked at but we know it wont ! Another great purchase . Its over 10 years now since first mooted ! 

Edited by Numbnuts

Interesting to read the breakdown of the Arup Laxey flooding report in the Examiner yesterday. Including the comment that, "It is unreasonable to expect the local authority to undertake the devolved responsibility for (road) drainage and maintenance".

Which is basically what many people knew, that the DOI and Water side of MU's dereliction of their responsibilities in the name of "savings" cannot be dumped on small, ill equipped LA's.

• Like 4

On 5/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, Numbnuts said:

The reasoning if this is true needs to be looked at but we know it wont ! Another great purchase . Its over 10 years now since first mooted ! 

It will be interesting to see what happens with airport plans from here on. They were quite ambitious and Dr Spake is apparently very enthusiastic about them. He currently seems to be spending a lot of time kayaking according to his Twitter though.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Interesting to read the breakdown of the Arup Laxey flooding report in the Examiner yesterday. Including the comment that, "It is unreasonable to expect the local authority to undertake the devolved responsibility for (road) drainage and maintenance".

Which is basically what many people knew, that the DOI and Water side of MU's dereliction of their responsibilities in the name of "savings" cannot be dumped on small, ill equipped LA's.

This! I emailed the MUA the other day about some issues we have with the lamp posts outside our house. They’ve referred it to the local commissioners, so I’ve given up ny hope of (a) hearing back or (b) a resolution. We have green verge strips on our road. I cut the 100m or so that is on our boundary because I like to keep it looking right, but it takes a Facebook message to get them to come anywhere near to do the rest, by which time it’s usually a messy strimmer job that takes twice as long as run over with the mower. 

Parochialism isn't working.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with airport plans from here on. They were quite ambitious and Dr Spake is apparently very enthusiastic about them. He currently seems to be spending a lot of time kayaking according to his Twitter though.

This! I emailed the MUA the other day about some issues we have with the lamp posts outside our house. They’ve referred it to the local commissioners, so I’ve given up ny hope of (a) hearing back or (b) a resolution. We have green verge strips on our road. I cut the 100m or so that is on our boundary because I like to keep it looking right, but it takes a Facebook message to get them to come anywhere near to do the rest, by which time it’s usually a messy strimmer job that takes twice as long as run over with the mower. 

a 100m boundary ?  flint towers must be quite a spread.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

RTC's grass cutting policy is to give mowers and such to disinterested binmen/labourers who are despatched out to work on an unsupervised basis. Hence the result. The result of some of the grass cutting around town areas last year, particularly down through the Lezayre estate was the talk of the town. Lumps and patches missed, cut grass left strewn around pavements and roads and blowing into gardens. I see this year they also mowed down in short order the daffodils that they'd presumably spent a lot of time planting in the Coronation Park too. It seems to be a total lack of co-ordination and interest in anything other than the bare minimum standard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Update - a reply about the lamp post too! This is a great day, even though they haven’t solved the issue. 

Whoever is reading this up there at the town hall- thanks!

I thought the law was that verges were not to be cut until the end of August, except for road safety /visibility reasons, so have you or the commisioners transgressed? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I thought the law was that verges were not to be cut until the end of August, except for road safety /visibility reasons, so have you or the commisioners transgressed? 

They are green strip verges in an urban setting rather than ‘verges’ verges

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Update - a reply about the lamp post too! This is a great day, even though they haven’t solved the issue. 

Whoever is reading this up there at the town hall- thanks!

it comes under the shut the whiney twat up heading on their lists.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

they are just very late doing the verges for 2019, cut backs don't you know.