Laxey flooding

the stinking enigma

Have you seen the work they have done down there?

I am going out on a limb and saying I actually think it will be ok down Glen Road area.  Those new culverts they have constructed are huge.

*. This assumes no diggers air busses in the river, or holes in the new wall.

I would be more concerned about Castletown where the new flood wall looks like it just moves the problem upstream or Ramsey where they have done nothing other than let everything become even more neglected than it has been in recent years.

Hopefully Pulrose bridge will be fine and that won’t just shift the problem more into Hills Meadow

55 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I actually think it will be ok down Glen Road area.  Those new culverts they have constructed are huge.

Absolutely. Get as much water as possible raging down the river. I want to see the water level right up to the top of these glass flood prevention walls. output_file.thumb.jpg.2a2cc376a01dd25a931cf1d4b26f6694.jpg

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Absolutely. Get as much water as possible raging down the river. I want to see the water level right up to the top of these glass flood prevention walls. output_file.thumb.jpg.2a2cc376a01dd25a931cf1d4b26f6694.jpg

The Friday afternoon high tide is 6.8M.... not big but might, if the cumulative effect of 3cm of water running down valleys were to meet it, create some issues. Or possibly at the early Saturday morning high tide at 6.7M.