What Radio Do You Listen To In The Mornin?

Slim

What radio station do you listen to in the morning  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

R4 is the best broadcasting in the world. Sure you can argue that they don't play "funky" music or "jingles" but that's just fine by those who listen and are enriched.

WSAG - "What a pretentious tosser".

R4 Listener - "Errrr - yes, if you say so........."

There is a problem on the voting list.

Manx Radio does not have the option of AM (Music) or FM (Talk)

Thus the vote for Manx Radio will suffer from people "double dipping".

I don't see how that's a problem, they're both manx radio?

It's not a problem, as such - but it might have been interesting to see how many MR listeners preferred the Mandate programme to the rubbish on AM.

Normal Radio? Does that still exist? :unsure:

Morning (well, evening..) routine: Fall out of bed, start PC, log on to Live365.com and choose station according to current mood - wake up and drive to work with CD in stereo - never get more than 2 seconds of Manxradio (or whatever station is programmed in there), before it switches to CD...

R4 is the best broadcasting in the world. Sure you can argue that they don't play "funky" music or "jingles" but that's just fine by those who listen and are enriched.

That's right - our Chief Minister David probably agrees with you. Or his fellow Governors...

I used to listen to Mandate without fail for years. if I listened to nothing else then at least gave me an opportunity to catch up with the local world as I sat at my desk and caught up with the rest of my world. I stopped listening when Binlid and Stu began their smashie and nicey bit. (sorry Stu) but it wound me up so much I had to turn it off. I'm sure it suits a lot of people but it just didn't do for me. I just wanted the facts not the funnies.

Since then I've gone back to Radio 4 and rely on the local papers and teh web for the rest.

I don't see how that's a problem, they're both manx radio?

Manx Radio are running two different radio stations in the morning. The poll dosn't give people the choice to express what they are tuned to.

It would have been better to see a break down between the music or the speech

Always Radio 4 -

Except.....

During the fast moving events of the last couple of days in relation to the London bombers, 'Today' was too structured to keep up with the developments, and Radio 5 did an excellent job of rolling news and kept up with all that happened.

'Today' was guilty of sticking to the script, regardless of what was happening in Birmingham and Grantham. Probably as a result of the Doctor Kelly/Gilligan problems they are being ultra-careful what they broadcast, and that has spoiled the programme over the last year.

And Radio 5 through the night is now better than the World Service.

Always Radio 4 -

Except.....

During the fast moving events of the last couple of days in relation to the London bombers, 'Today' was too structured to keep up with the developments, and Radio 5 did an excellent job of rolling news and kept up with all that happened.

'Today' was guilty of sticking to the script, regardless of what was happening in Birmingham and Grantham.  Probably as a result of the Doctor Kelly/Gilligan problems they are being ultra-careful what they broadcast, and that  has spoiled the programme over the last year.

And Radio 5 through the night is now better than the World Service.

I so agree with you. And, Yes, since the Doctor Kelly/Gilligan shambles, the Today programme just hasn't seemed as topical and sharp. It seems too studio-bound to keep on top of any breaking news.

Day on day it's till the best on offer though.

Archived