Manxnet Album Awards..

Dr Fish

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only bought one LP this year.......but it is the best....

Galvanise , Chems.

It might have been last year when I bought it....I cannot remember...it was the last thing I bought though, I generally buy individual tracks off I-tunes these days, no use filling my I-pod with 'other' songs I don't like so much, is there?

Ooooh have you seen the Bose speaker docks for I-pods? mmmmmm I need them.

Oh, and... i've not got the album, but the single "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt is just superb!  Makes me cry, it's so passionate.  Waiting to hear one more song of his before I go out and buy the actual album

Buy it, it's gorgeous.

My nominations:

Magic Numbers

James Blunt

SOAD

none that haven't been mentioned, I'm so mainstream these days

Oh, and... i've not got the album, but the single "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt is just superb!  Makes me cry, it's so passionate.  Waiting to hear one more song of his before I go out and buy the actual album

Buy it, it's gorgeous.

My nominations:

Magic Numbers

James Blunt

SOAD

none that haven't been mentioned, I'm so mainstream these days

Will do! The more I listed to You're beautiful the more I want to hear. I'm also partial to Natalie Imbruglia's single Shiver, heard one other song so will go get that as well I think.

I've always been mainstream - for gods sake I owed a Kylie cassette along with a Jason Donavon! :huh: Don't get MORE mainstream :P

just went down to Tescos and bought the James Blunt cd (so much cheaper than HMV).

TOP CD! Highly recommend!

Alex - totally agree - fantastic album. He's very passionate when he sings isn't he. I have just spent the past few mins crying to his music, E=especially to Goodbye My Lover - i'm a sap I know - i'd like to blame it on hormones, but I can't! lol, Since turning 30 I seem to cry at everything.

Just an observation, but there does'nt seem to be many, dare i say it Dance or Electronica artists on there, is this an overall view of peoples tastes?

just on the lack of dance/electronic stuff; might be down to tastes but I do think a lot of talented people in that area just don't make whole albums of greatness right thru, just maybe having one or two killer tracks- probably you'd have the likes of faithless/chems but the mylo one rocks, totally forgot about that

Archived