UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chinahand said:

My prediction is a Boris majority of 3. 
Enough to get Brexit done as they’ll be loyal in the early days but it’ll then be a messy Parliament as its working majority does via attrition and ego. 

Good.

So when the tories are running around like headless chickens trying to close trade deals that are worse than the deals we have now they will have to account for their totally stupid and unnecessary brexit.

Of course, the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, will blame the EU for the UK's colossal stupidity...

12 hours ago, Chinahand said:

My prediction is a Boris majority of 3. 
Enough to get Brexit done as they’ll be loyal in the early days but it’ll then be a messy Parliament as its working majority does via attrition and ego. 

lets see how the campaign goes......it doesn't start till tomorrow.......

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Good.

So when the tories are running around like headless chickens trying to close trade deals that are worse than the deals we have now they will have to account for their totally stupid and unnecessary brexit.

Of course, the UK rabid right wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, will blame the EU for the UK's colossal stupidity...

uk doesn't have any trade deals.......if you mean the pointless eu trade deals......then they are nearly done......

they only cover 11% of trade......

"Jo Swinson has said Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn would be 'sexist' if they don't allow her in leader debates. When asked if FM Sturgeon should be allowed, Swinson said 'But she can't be PM.' I said neither can you. 'This interview is over,' she said."

Not the smartest retort, was it? To be fair, I can understand her ire to some extent. After all, she is the leader of a historic national party standing for a Westminster seat, so to relegate her to the same status as Wee Nippy who leads a party relevant to less than a tenth of the population and is not even standing for the UK Parliament must have been galling. The far cleverer way to proceed would have been to say "Why can't I?", and then to lay out all of the reasons why she thinks she can and should be PM, including cancelling Brexit and all the other wonders that the LibDems believe they could bring about for the delectation of the electorate. An opportunity missed. By doing what she did through knee-jerk petulance, she actually conceded the point, to all intents and purposes.

38 minutes ago, woolley said:

"Jo Swinson has said Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn would be 'sexist' if they don't allow her in leader debates. When asked if FM Sturgeon should be allowed, Swinson said 'But she can't be PM.' I said neither can you. 'This interview is over,' she said."

Not the smartest retort, was it? To be fair, I can understand her ire to some extent. After all, she is the leader of a historic national party standing for a Westminster seat, so to relegate her to the same status as Wee Nippy who leads a party relevant to less than a tenth of the population and is not even standing for the UK Parliament must have been galling. The far cleverer way to proceed would have been to say "Why can't I?", and then to lay out all of the reasons why she thinks she can and should be PM, including cancelling Brexit and all the other wonders that the LibDems believe they could bring about for the delectation of the electorate. An opportunity missed. By doing what she did through knee-jerk petulance, she actually conceded the point, to all intents and purposes.

That BBC left wing bias in action again...

1 hour ago, woolley said:

I think it just goes to show how few leaders there are in British politics today.  For all you describe Sturgeon as "Wee Nippy" and dismiss her party she is probably one of the better political leaders at present. 

Archived