UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, quilp said:

1. But thats the type you're referring to.

2. Civil unrest isn't rioting, e.g. the climate activists grinding various cities to a halt in protest. 

3. Not advocating riots, or violence, though it'll probably descend into chaos, which I'd find understandable.

4. Er, go fuck yourself... 

Your words, not mine.  "not advocating riots"..."but I can understand if they do"...mixed messages there.

4.  The level of "debate" I would expect.  Like clockwork.

Whilst this tit for tat name calling responding is funny it isn't really adding anything to the debate. I have no doubt that I've been similarly guilty of it myself at some point but can I suggest (just a suggestion, don't take it as an insult) that people just take some deep breaths and stick to relevant (or at least non-insulting) posts.

Just now, P.K. said:

Can't say I've noticed any difference....

I'm trying to post less, as I don't really have the energy to be dragged into the hate cycle that some posters seem to revel in.

I have notice that #Woodybot is running around like a PCP addled ADHD suffering Scrabble letter generator, and Quilp getting directly more aggresive towards other posters.

It is occasionally amusing watching others trying to have reasonable conversations, only to fall into the pitfall of trying to engage with certain posters.  After a while it just feels a bit tragic.

35 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Apropos to which, the High Court has just ruled that Extinction Rebellion's police ban was unlawful:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50316561

For the reasons set out above in our judgment: (1) the Third, Fourth and Seventh

Claimants, but not the First, Second, Fifth and Sixth Claimants, have standing to bring

this claim for judicial review; (2) the Third, Fourth and Seventh Claimants should be

granted permission to apply for judicial review, but the First, Second, Fifth and Sixth

Claimants should be refused such permission; (3) the XRAU was not a public assembly

at the scene of which Superintendent McMillan was present on 14 October 2019, so that

there was no power to impose a condition under section 14 of the 1986 Act; (4) it is not

necessary to decide whether the condition was sufficiently certain as to be lawful; (5)

Superintendent McMillan’s decision to impose the condition on 14 October 2019 will be

quashed.

#loophole

Archived