UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

Jeremy Corbyn Staffers And Some Journalists Had A Secret WhatsApp Group Called “Greggs” To Coordinate Election Messaging

“Also as ever, please do not talk about this group to anyone outside the group.”

“From us expect — updates on JC & Shad Cab movements, lines, briefings, transcripts, invites to events and asks of support for certain content.”

“As ever, big groups like this can sometimes become problematic so please keep it comradely and strictly business (of getting JC in No. 10).

Other than two Corbyn communications officials and an assortment of Labour party activists, the members included Guardian columnists Rachel Shabi and Owen Jones, Guardian multimedia journalist Maeve Shearlaw, Novara Media’s Joseph Todd and Michael Walker, i Paper columnist Liam Young, Private Eye and BuzzFeed News contributor Solomon Hughes, former BBC Newsnight and Channel 4 economics editor Paul Mason and freelancers Dawn Foster, Michael Segalov and Vincent Bevins.

It also included some non-journalists, such as comedian Josie Long, author Alex Williams and Kings College academic Nick Srnicek.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/jeremy-corbyn-journalists-whatsapp-greggs

when the media become campaigners.......:whistling:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, woolley said:

So the relegation of national Parliaments to being merely regional councils under the EU is putting country before self-interest? Thank you for confirming that your "country" is the United States of Europe.

Dear me, can't you find another barrel to scrape?

Ken Clarke was one of those tory politicos who sacrificed their careers to guarantee that a no-deal crash-out wasn't an option.

Nothing whatever to do with "the relegation of national Parliaments to being merely regional councils under the EU" at all and you effing well know it Woolster!

You're just scratching around for any possible dirt you can drag up to try and discredit a man of principle. But then you're a brexiteer....

However don't worry, you'll get your totally stupid and unnecessary brexit.

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ken Clarke was one of those tory politicos who sacrificed their careers to guarantee that a no-deal crash-out wasn't an option.

Nothing whatever to do with "the relegation of national Parliaments to being merely regional councils under the EU" at all and you effing well know it Woolster!

You're just scratching around for any possible dirt you can drag up to try and discredit a man of principle. But then you're a brexiteer....

then he failed........:lol:

@ Barrie Stevens (from Brexit thread): Indeed. But one of the skills needed to be a PM or Minister in Government is to master the brief. Boris blusters. He wings it. Always has. His journalism, politics even as Mayor. All lies and bluster. If Brexit occurs at all there will be many further years of negotiating. I do not see Boris as being up to that task. He cannot master a brief. My manor is LibDem run and I will vote that way in the election. Boris is rubbish all hat and no cattle. Corbyn is a commie. Which leaves Jo Swinson CBE who has at least some experience and a decent degree. She will have to learn fast and she is not Thatcher ...Yet...But rather her than the other two. Not much choice but Oh well.

He wings it, he lies, he blusters. All true. I think you underestimate him if you think he is thick. He certainly isn't. He can master a brief, but the problem is that he has so much rubbish flying around in his head, he can't be arsed to apply himself to any one thing for very long. He thinks it's beneath him. He'll leave it to a flunky while he moves on to the next meeting or the next shag. Of course, the same would apply to the FR negotiations, but it's not critical as he would not be doing that himself any more than he was negotiating the WA himself.

Swinson is not Thatcher. Well, that is putting it rather mildly isn't it? Like saying Shami Chakrabarty isn't Martin Luther King.

21 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Greggs has been on downward spiral ever since they introduced those vegan sausage rolls.

And since they replaced Jesus with a sausage roll in the nativity scene:

image.png.c34d6810717f7c47020a13092f1740e7.png

It would have been worse for them had it been the Prophet Muhammad, I suppose.

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Sacrificed his career? The 79 year old who is standing down in any case? :D

Don't start effing and blinding at me. You're not having your nightly rant at Quilpy now. It's too early.

18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

He didn’t sacrifice his career. He announced in 2016 he was standing down. He stood in the unexpected 2017 election.

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He didn’t sacrifice his career. He announced in 2016 he was standing down. He stood in the unexpected 2017 election.

True.

But he was not alone. Let's not forget Dominic Grieve, Nicholas Soames, Oliver Letwin, Philip Hammond and others. Frankly to try and diminish what happened by pointing out "The Father Of The House" was going anyway is pretty poor really.

I guess it just demonstrates just what a self-serving, untrustworthy, snake-in-the-grass Johnson really is and how the brexiteers will turn to absolutely anything to try and justify their totally stupid and unnecessary brexit....

Archived