UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

10 minutes ago, quilp said:
1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Do you have any insights to share?

Yes, you're an idiot. 

Quilp, it is 9:00 am do you have to behave like a drunken idiot all the time in your interactions with PK?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Personally I hope that the likes Gove, Johnson, Rees Mogg, Francois, and Farage etc, + Woody2 and woolley) get their comeuppance. 

That's rather dark for those merely advocating genuinely held opinions on the best way forward for the interests, perhaps even the survival of the UK as a state. I exclude Johnson, of course. What comeuppance would be appropriate? 

17 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Quilp, it is 9:00 am do you have to behave like a drunken idiot all the time in your interactions with PK?

It was quite a witty retort. There has been a thing here where if you post something and your counterpart puts it down with a humorous comment then you take it on the chin. I think that's all that happened this morning and I note that PK rated it a laugh as did I. I certainly would have done the same had it been aimed at me and have done so on countless occasions. Asides like this add to the craic, always supposing you know when to stop which is generally after one barb, one retort and, at a stretch, one comeback.. Nothing wrong with a bit of knockabout. It's when it carries on post after post, page after page, descending into foul language and gratuitous name calling that it becomes tedious. 

35 minutes ago, woolley said:

That's rather dark for those merely advocating genuinely held opinions on the best way forward for the interests, perhaps even the survival of the UK as a state. I exclude Johnson, of course. What comeuppance would be appropriate? 

Simply that the remain alliance get a majority. The U.K. won’t survive much longer, whatever happens. Scotland will vote leave if Brexit occurs, if the Brexit parties don’t have a majority it will be their price, along with Lib Dems, that to support Corbyn he puts through = votes at 16, votes for all Brit Nationals in EU, votes for all EU nationals in U.K., and proportional representation to be passed before and as the price of second EU referendum.

The dissolution, especially if NI is let go, will result in much greater savings from cross border cash transfer subsidies than ever leaving the EU can, and within the EU customs union and single market will have no effect on intra (ex) U.K. trade

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Simply that the remain alliance get a majority. The U.K. won’t survive much longer, whatever happens. Scotland will vote leave if Brexit occurs, if the Brexit parties don’t have a majority it will be their price, along with Lib Dems, that to support Corbyn he puts through = votes at 16, votes for all Brit Nationals in EU, votes for all EU nationals in U.K., and proportional representation to be passed before and as the price of second EU referendum.

The dissolution, especially if NI is let go, will result in much greater savings from cross border savings than ever leaving the EU can, and within the EU customs union and single market will have no effect on intra ex U.K. trade

UK won't survive much longer: Not sure. Very complex. Over a million Scots voted for Brexit. More than voted SNP. Are they ready to split the union? Your analysis of post election Remain majority is completely illogical. All of those parties want a second EU referendum so if Corbyn formed a minority Labour government he would not need to do deals on the subject. They would vote for it anyhow. By the way, no EU member state allows other EU nationals to vote in their national elections. 

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

One person, not people. He called me a clown, did you miss that?

'nuff said...

I called you a clown because you accused me of deliberately lying when it's blatantly obvious I am no brexiteer.

However I suppose I should have checked KC's circs instead of just picking the biggest hitter...

Archived