UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

14 minutes ago, woolley said:

Well Johnson is often abused in this way, but his intended meaning was very narrow. I suspect he would have vouchsafed that traitorism is worse.

Protecting the rights of the people can hardly be considered "traitorism".

Now selling the country down the pan for decades to come to make your disaster capitalist mates a ton of money, now that is treachery (the word I think you were looking for).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Treason for a start (more flippant than anything), fraud, failure to declare "donations", fraudulent expenses claims.

Only mugs listen to Farage and buys his "I'm a man of the people and will bring down the fat cat elites" bullshit.

The man is a con artist, demagogue and is chancing his hand as long as he can until he either gets rich or gets caught. 

you've been listening to that mad cat woman........who's getting sued........:lol:

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

Protecting the rights of the people can hardly be considered "traitorism".

Now selling the country down the pan for decades to come to make your disaster capitalist mates a ton of money, now that is treachery (the word I think you were looking for).

No. Traitorism, treachery and treason are all valid and each have their nuances. Treachery has a wider usage. I used traitorism purposefully and I am content with it.

"Selling the country down the pan to make your disaster capitalist mates a ton of money" is entirely anecdotal, put about by liberal Europhiles without evidence. You do not protect the rights of the people by thwarting their democratically expressed will.

4 hours ago, woolley said:

No. Traitorism, treachery and treason are all valid and each have their nuances. Treachery has a wider usage. I used traitorism purposefully and I am content with it.

"Selling the country down the pan to make your disaster capitalist mates a ton of money" is entirely anecdotal, put about by liberal Europhiles without evidence. You do not protect the rights of the people by thwarting their democratically expressed will.

But if you don't do what you can to get them the best deal possible then you are letting the gullible drag everyone else down with their stupidity. 

But don't worry Woolster. You'll get your totally stupid and unnecessary brexit....

Just now, P.K. said:

But if you don't do what you can to get them the best deal possible then you are letting the gullible drag everyone else down with their stupidity. 

But don't worry Woolster. You'll get your totally stupid and unnecessary brexit....

You don't sell your most precious asset - your existence as a sovereign nation - for any "deal".

Sovereignty is conceded by the weaker party in a trade deal in almost every clause in every paragraph. Acting alone and outside of any trade bloc the U.K. would be in a weaker position than almost any other country on Earth. That is why the US, Russia and China are delighted with Brexit. It will not just be the end of the British Empire, it will be the beginning of what the Chinese would call a century of humiliation. For this to happen not as a result of losing a war, but because a bunch of money-obsessed spivs managed to convince the gullible that it was the patriotic thing to do is sad and ironic. I’m not going to accuse any brexiter of treachery or traitorism, because I don’t believe most of them see that they are knackering the country, and they certainly aren’t going to profit from it. Lord Nige, on the other hand, seems to hold the general public, and particularly his followers, in utter contempt. 

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

what like this.....

EJWdB5mWkAQlE3G.jpeg.98f72a1957c94fa08bdda19197b8c2b2.jpeg

when can the uk use it's veto.........oh it can't.......

‘Veto’ in English means ‘the unilateral power to stop the passing of legislation’. Nothing to do with following constitutional law that has already been enacted. Sorry, I’ve tried to keep the explanation suitably simple, if you’re still struggling, try a dictionary. 

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Sovereignty is conceded by the weaker party in a trade deal in almost every clause in every paragraph. Acting alone and outside of any trade bloc the U.K. would be in a weaker position than almost any other country on Earth. That is why the US, Russia and China are delighted with Brexit. It will not just be the end of the British Empire, it will be the beginning of what the Chinese would call a century of humiliation. For this to happen not as a result of losing a war, but because a bunch of money-obsessed spivs managed to convince the gullible that it was the patriotic thing to do is sad and ironic. I’m not going to accuse any brexiter of treachery or traitorism, because I don’t believe most of them see that they are knackering the country, and they certainly aren’t going to profit from it. Lord Nige, on the other hand, seems to hold the general public, and particularly his followers, in utter contempt. 

Outrageous hyperbole. 

Archived