UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

The way I have read it, it only is going to "hurt" if you earn more than £82k a year, which is 5% of the countries earners (top 5% earn more than £73k I think I read somewhere).

My point is that that is not credible.  For a start, who's going to pay the 50 billion pension problem that wasn't in the manifesto costings.  Still the top 5% and Amazon? And what's going to happen to the low paid when the likes of Amazon decide they aren't going to pay for Corbyn's plans and leave, rendering many of those lower paid workers jobless?  The notion that the odd percentage rise in tax for the highest paid, or a few points on corporation tax will not have knock-on effects is naïve to say the least.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Which party set the groundwork for that financial crash in the UK?

As someone who works in the NHS  (or did do at least) what is your view on the allegations that the Tory party are planning on selling off more of the NHS or even as going as far as replicating the US healthcare system?  What about the pledge for 50,000 new nurses over 10 (!!!) years?

The financial crash was global - I already said that the Labour administration that had been in power for 11 years at that point couldn't have prevented it.  It's a bit much to put the blame on Major or Thatcher beforehand.

I don't believe for one minute that there are plans to bring in a US style health system - that would be terminal for the political party that did so.  I think health will have to be rationed somehow, and that BJ's promise for 50000 nurses is somewhat far-fetched as it includes persuading 20000 not to retire just yet or come back to work.

13 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

what is your view on the allegations that the Tory party are planning on selling off more of the NHS or even as going as far as replicating the US healthcare system?  What about the pledge for 50,000 new nurses over 10 (!!!) years?

It is absolute total and utter nonsense.

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The financial crash was global - I already said that the Labour administration that had been in power for 11 years at that point couldn't have prevented it.  It's a bit much to put the blame on Major or Thatcher beforehand.

And 10 years later the Tory Party are still trying to blame the Labour administration for the financial collapse and the years of austerity that have followed...

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don't believe for one minute that there are plans to bring in a US style health system - that would be terminal for the political party that did so.  I think health will have to be rationed somehow, and that BJ's promise for 50000 nurses is somewhat far-fetched as it includes persuading 20000 not to retire just yet or come back to work.

There seems to be a growing amount of evidence that the trade talks with the US do include the NHS to some degree - Corbyn is suggesting today he has the evidence that the Tory's are planning on selling it off.

As you say the 50,000 new nurses is nonsense as is the 20,000 new police officers.  Whilst the Labour manifesto has issues with costings, the Tory manifesto has issues with the truth...

22 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Hate to tell you woolster, it has already started.  Just ask Richard Branson...

So you think that awarding contracts for providing specific services is akin to "selling the NHS"? Stuff like this and worse has been going on for years, for example, Blair's PPI debacles. The bogeyman story Corbyn and his friends would have you believe is that the Americans will write out a cheque to take over "NHS Inc" lock, stock and barrel, and from that day forward they will charge you for every treatment you need at point of delivery via private health insurance. It is complete and utter fantasy.

I've thought for many years that the NHS should be a commissioning organisation buying in the best care for each discipline. So long as the service remains free at the point of delivery with the best care, where is the problem? Do you think the whole thing should be run in-house and inefficiently like British Leyland? No other country seems keen on copying the model, do they? It really is not the envy of the world.

5 hours ago, woolley said:

Not hard around here.

Would not waste my time on the Mail. Johnson is a tosser.

"Not hard around here."

So by your own admission you think it's easy to be superior to most on MF then.

But then you would think that...

"Would not waste my time on the Mail. Johnson is a tosser."

You do sound like you're quoting the Daily Wail though....

Your problem.

:)

5 hours ago, woolley said:

I had a look but you posted the meat of it above anyway. They are trying to do a Trump job on Johnson by saying he's run by the Russians. Do you believe that he is?

I think we can all be pretty sure that a resurgent Russia is trying to influence elections in the Western Democracies. Including the referendum.

So there must be a reason why Russia would want the UK to leave the EU.

I wonder what it could be....?

Being a totally immoral serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson is the PERFECT choice to back financially to get the result you want. Bought and paid for.

Especially if it's a no deal exit....

Archived