UK General Election Dec 2019

woolley

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Like the rest of the brexiteers on here you must think the UK will do better outside of the EU than being on the inside where it had also influence for change.

What do you base that belief on?

Preferably £facts and not airy fairy political bullspeak please.

How about the 'fact' that the election was last week, not next week. The decision has been made.

You have squandered over 3 years calling people 'stupid' rather than making the case for the EU. You chose to take that route to make your side of the debate not me, I have nothing to add to what has already been endlessly debated.

Even the likes of Michael Heseltine and Tony Blair have now thrown in the towel and are urging people to move on.  We have had investment decisions on hold since the time that I feared Ed Milliband may get in - that four year delay has been of immense frustration to us as a family business, I'm moving on now, I do not have the luxury of further navel-gazing time. You must make your own choices.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

Who am I more likely to trust when it comes to national finances, the very institution who looks after the nations finances and has access to billions of data points...or you Woolster?

You shouldn't trust anyone who says they can predict anything 15 years into the future. They simply cannot. Their guess is as good as mine is as good as yours. 

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

You shouldn't trust anyone who says they can predict anything 15 years into the future. They simply cannot. Their guess is as good as mine is as good as yours. 

Again, do I listen to an institution that has been around for a very long time, staffed with analysts, statisticians and economists with access to decades of data, trends, forecasts and predictive modelling software...

Or Woolley of MF "fame"...with his..."experience"

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Again, do I listen to an institution that has been around for a very long time, staffed with analysts, statisticians and economists with access to decades of data, trends, forecasts and predictive modelling software...

Or Woolley of MF "fame"...with his..."experience"

My heart definitely says Woolley, but my head reluctantly says neither of them. And of course gdp is a minor issue in the whole geopolitical situation anyway.

40 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Some what ironic thing to say seeing as Brexit is all about unknowns and throwing the nation into that unknown...

That's life for you. A constant stream of unknowns. You just have to pick your best prospects and go with them.

Archived